29. Marvellous as always (unedited)

Asvaldur badly wished it all to be just a nightmare. Hell, he didn't even want to feel in a nightmare what he felt now.

Everything around him was a mess, people screaming for help, in pain or in agony. And the middle laid his father covered with blood and his unconscious angel.

He recalled what happened in few minutes ago, his heart was drumming as he heard the gun going off, he closed his eyes not wanting to see his love die in front of his eyes.

He opened his eyes as he heard absolute silence accompanying the sharp sound of gun, to see lifeless body of his father lying there, covered with blood.

His father saved his love. Why? Why would he do that?

His thoughts were broken as the paramedics rushed passed him, to get his father and Siofra. As soon as realization hit him as hard as truck he started following them, shouting and barking orders at them, to get both of them to hospital as soon as possible.

They soon reached the hospital, a sense of deja vù washed him as he remembered wheeling Siofra to the same hospital a couple of months ago. He'd never thought that he'll be in the same situation at least so soon.

"Sir, you need to stay back while I examine them." The doctor said.

"No I can't---"

"With due respect sir, both of us know that I won't be able to do my job if you accompany me, so please let me do my job and I assure you that I will do my best to save them." The doctor said leaving for the emergency room, leaving him all alone with his thoughts in the waiting room.

His gaze fixed to the floor beneath him, as seconds passed into minutes and minutes into hour,  he was left alone with his malaise thoughts.

Finally after three hours for what felt like three decades, the doctor came out of the emergency room murmuring medical terminologies to the nurse beside him.

Terrified of what's going to happen next , he emerged himself in prayers.

"Mr. Knight I examined both your fiance and father, one of them is very critical and other one is better. If you'd please follow me to my office for the detailed details. " The doctor said, making his way towards his office.

Asvaldur sat on the comfortable leather chair that was not all offering any amount of comfort to him at the moment. He kept fiddling his fingers and bouncing his legs still anxious of what he was about to hear.

"So I will start with your fiance, she... she fainted there due to the amount of stress that her heart couldn't handle as she is still healing. However her present condition is not that well, but I am shocked how unexceptionally she is doing well. I don't know whether it your love along with the medicines but the speed at which she is recovering is quite a miracle." The doctor said making Asvaldur sign in relief.

"So does that mean she is safe?" He asked still skeptical.

"She indeed is. However can't say the same about your father. The bullet just gazed one of his vital organ, but his health is not good. For what I feel is, he is not keeping well for a long time. He is not having proper nutrition, severe dehydration with severely high blood pressure. I will be honest with you, I don't know whether or not he will be able to make it."

(ᗒᗣᗕ)՞

The sky turned into Siofra's favorite shade of purple, making him miss her even more if possible.

It was early in the morning with his love still sleeping, taking her time to heal while he didn't sleep a blink. He just sat there waiting for her to open her beautiful hazels.