37. Mustard seed (unedited)

Asvaldur felt heaviness on his chest, he looked up to see his little boy sleeping soundly on his chest as he walks in corridors of the hospital.

It's been three hours they brought his love to hospital, three hours of doctors running tests and telling him to be patient.

He wanted to scream and cry out loud, he wanted to ask the Supreme powers why he? Why can't he have a normal peaceful life? But he remained quite for the little soul who rested in his arms.

Arian was completely shaken with seeing his mum falling unconscious on floor. That little soul didn't understand what happened but just knew whatever it was, was bad.

Soon enough the doctor came out of the room.

"Mr. Knight you can now go see your fiance. I have runned some tests, results might be out in about half an hour." The doctor said.

"W---will she be fine, doc?"

"As per what I saw in the cardiac tests, her heart seems to be fine. We really don't know what the issue is. Perhaps she had been working too hard without any proper rest?"

Realization sunk into his chest, his angel was not at all taking care of herself. All her day she is either worried about her studies or him or their son or father.

"Son, don't worry we will make sure that from now on she gets enough rest from now on." His father said with a determined look.

They entered the room she was kept in with grim all over their face.

There laid her, connected with wires looking pale as usual. The sight was not new but he didn't want his son to see it so he buried his face into his chest.

They waited for an hour, his father went to cafeteria to get them something. Not a minute later the doctor entered with a neutral expression.

Asvaldur tried a lot to comprehend by his expression, how bad it is but to his dismay the doctor didn't let anything slip out.

"Mr. Knight, you would like to have a look at the reports."

>•<

It's been two days Siofra has been discharged and four days she has gained her consciousness.

Everyone around her are behaving too odd for her likings. The Knight men and boy have grown extremely protective over her. She is not allowed to step out of her bed unless she has to use the washroom, which was quite often. So all she would do was sit on bed attend her classes ,eat and sleep.

What shocked her most was when she heard that her husband is going to work from home for sometime. On asking he said that he wanted to take care of her.

She knew something was definitely wrong with her feeling weak too often, having gastric issues and some other changes she knew something is wrong with her, which has been kept away from her and their protective behavior proved her right.

It was her chance when she heard voices from the living area. She carefully stood up from her bed not wanting to make any noise. She opened the door handel and thankfully her little bodyguard who was on duty to monitor her wasn't their.

She stood at the distance where she could hear something. That's when she heard Cheryl talking.

"You should tell her to tell her Asvaldur. She has the right to know." Cheryl said, not wanting to hear his response she stomped out of the place and went to their room.