15. Warrior (unedited)

This wasn't how it was supposed to happen.

They were supposed to go in the court fight the case while Siofra stood confidently supporting Asvaldur and come like a warrior.

But there stood Siofra shaking like a fragile leaf making everyone worry about her condition.

None knew how and why the prior conversation affected Siofra. Questions surfacing Asvaldur's mind he was worried about his little angel so much that he didn't give a damn about the case.

"Asvaldur ,Siofra the judge will arrive within next fifteen minutes." As Alessandro said that it was enough to break Siofra out of whatever trance she was in.

No, she couldn't be selfish to destroy this important day due to her past. She couldn't let her past affect her present. With this determination she inhaled as much positivity as she could and turned towards Asvaldur to give him a small yet reassuring smile.

Although the smile was much needed for Asvaldur but wouldn't buy it. He knew something was wrong and made a pledge that as soon as the court fiasco is over he would focus just on his little angel and know every bit of details.

Soon enough everyone settled and the judge came. Asvaldur could see the evilness radiating of Emma who sat right in the front row.

With puffy eyes and shaking figure it wouldn't take a genius to figure that she was scared, the thought itself made Asvaldur smirk in satisfaction. But much to his surprise his father was much calmer.

Asvaldur was made to stand in the dock , where he stood confidently like a king he is. Siofra couldn't help but smile proudly at him.

Soon enough the hearing started and Alessandro made the first move showing the hospital reports of the lady.

"During my investigation I found of something very interesting. Two days after the so called blame of r*pe on my client Miss Gia went to a hospital with her boyfriend as they wanted to conceive for a long time but couldn't. So the hospital ran all the preliminary tests which also included sexual assault forensic tests which surprisingly were all negative." Alessandro said.

"Oh and before anyone blames the doctor being a fraud or the reports being altered I have some more proofs. But before that I would like to say that whatever happened I don't blame Miss Gia or neither I want her to involve in this." Everyone let a surprised gasps not knowing what the old attorney was talking about.

"Yes you heard me right I would have done the same if someone kidnapped my baby sister and not only someone but world's most dangerous mafia. Miss Gia I assure you, your sister is safe and sound so I would like you to speak the truth."

Seeing reluctance in her eyes Alessandro gave her a reassuring smile and whispered something that appeared to be a code word.

"I--I was forced into this I never wanted to defame anyone let alone someone as good as Mr. Knight. I am quite shameful for what I did, Mr. Knight helped me start my career not only me helped a lot of people out there. But unfortunate for him his own stepmother planned against him with Edwardo." The young model said.

Gasps echoed throughout the court room as everyone heard the name of the most feared mafia.

"T--they kidnapped my baby sister an--d blackmailed me." Thats all it took for Gia to breakdown.

"Not only this my honor, I do have phone recordings of Mrs. Emma Knight that has her whole plan recorded

"Do you have anything to say about this Mrs. Knight?"

"I--I--" Emma shuttered.

"Does that mean you accept your crime of defaming and working with mafia?"

Emma was shattered her whole world was shattered. She couldn't believe her lifelong plan was failed. But that's not all a part of her was guilty too.

She now realised, she could've always played a good mother figure and wife and have a happy family and money too. But her greed brought the worst in her and now here she is paying for it.

"Well then I hereby declare Mr Asvaldur Knight innocent and all the charges against him was false.  And for Mrs. Knight you will be arrested for defamation and working with mafia." The judge said.

Siofra, Alessandro, Cheryl and of course Asvaldur realised the breath they didn't know they were holding so long. 

The court was soon dismissed but the commotion seems to be going on or worst much louder. People were ashamed that the accused a gem of a person like Asvaldur. But he stood there fought against the world like a warrior.

But there stood the Cheryl, Siofra, Alessandro and Asvaldur unaffected discussing their dinner plan tonight as a celebration.

Amidst their discussion they saw Gia coming towards them with her sister and boyfriend.

"I--I really don't know whether I should thank you for apologize. I seriously can't express how grateful and sorry I am. Tia is my world and when I heard she got kidnapped I couldn't think straight and did everything they wanted me to do. I did so much bad to you yet you got my sister and at the same time saved me from going to jail."

"It's okay Miss Gia I totally get you and understand your problem. God forbid but if they had done the same thing with me I would probably do what you did." Asvaldur said reassuring her.

Siofra on other hand was in awe seeing how nicely Asvaldur handled the situation if possible then her love and respect for him reached another level seeing his understanding and soft nature.

They all were in their own happy bubble smiling like an idiot Asvaldur's comforting arms wrapped around her frail figure, she could stay like this forever forgetting all worries of the world.

But the short happy state was cut short by a ding on her phone.

It's not over yet ,Shannon.

Seeing the text she exactly knew who it was causing her heart rate to increase erratically she felt slight pain and black spots appearing on her vision with shortness of breath.

Oh no no this can't be happening right now! No! She had a perfect plan of telling Asvaldur about her condition but this is not how is wants him to find out.

Not long after her legs gave up and she found herself falling with blurred vision.

Last thing she remembered is a worried Asvaldur.

A/N-Omg! Omg!! This book crossed 1K reads I seriously can't believe!! I literally want to jump on my bed but my roommate will probably think I am crazy so that's not the best thing to do I guess

A/N-
Omg! Omg!! This book crossed 1K reads I seriously can't believe!! I literally want to jump on my bed but my roommate will probably think I am crazy so that's not the best thing to do I guess.

Anyways thank you so much yet again for your love and support, specially those who stuck to the book right from beginning.

I really really hope this book reaches your expectations.

And yes I would probably try another update till this Friday.
Till then stay safe and happy reading!!