chapter 97 ~ 𝑫𝒆𝒄𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓 15𝒕𝒉, 2019

Mulai dari awal

      A sigh slipped from his lips after a moment's silence. "Yumin-ah, I'm really sorry for how I acted."

      I turned fully in the man's direction, his back still to me as he continued tracing along the bonsai's trunk. Finally, he spun around to face me, his face sullen, eyes narrowed almost pathetically as he took me in.

       "I had no right to call you those things, or accuse you of everything I did."

       "What did you accuse me of?" I wanted to hear him repeat just exactly what he had said to me, just to make him feel guiltier.

       "I accused you of sleeping around. I called you a slut and a mutt even after Jimin and Yoongi told me everything you've gone through. There's no excuse for what I said, but I said those things because I was jealous."

      That's not what I was expecting. My eyes widened in curiosity, but I let him continue.

      "I was jealous of how close you'd become with the other members, and I wanted to be in your place instead. I still do, but I realize that I don't have to envy you and bring you down just to obtain the relationship I once had with them. They're lucky to have you...and I hope- I hope we can start over and maybe be friends?"

       I contemplated throwing his proposal aside and stalking out of his room with my head held high. Not even a day after meeting me, he'd opted to hate on me instead of at least talking things through as he was trying to do now. I glared at Namjoon from across the room and he seemed to wither slightly under my gaze.

      "I understand if you don't want to."

      "Life's too short to hold a grudge." I took a few steps across the room and offered him my hand. "Friends?"

       A smile slowly lit up his tanned face and he eagerly took my hand into his own. "Friends. Thanks for being so nice about this."

       "As much as your comments hurt in the beginning," I spoke, "You don't deserve to be treated badly just because you were jealous." I smirked at the last of my words and watched his face turn red with embarrassment. "So, what made you jealous of me, huh? There's gotta be more to it than us being close."

       "Uh..." Namjoon chuckled softly and slipped his free hand around the nape of his neck. He squeezed my hand ever so gently before letting go, palm growing sweaty as he wiped it on the seat of his pants. "I think we should head downstairs. Are you all ready for the day?"

       Dodging my question, aye? I nodded with my smirk still plastered on my face. Namjoon chuckled lightly and slipped past me on my right, headed towards the door.

      "C'mon," he ushered me out the door. "Help me order in."

      "You don't wanna help me cook or something?"

       "Oh God, I can't cook to save my life," Namjoon blushed. "I'm prohibited from working in the kitchen by Jin hyung because I don't know how to hold a knife correctly."

       I couldn't help but think back to my pocket knife, still in Jungkook's possession. "How do you not know-"

      "Don't ask."