Manga: Chapter 37

"Oh, I should text Tomo-kun a happy birthday," Emiko muses to herself, taking out her phone to do just that. Ah, I should make an exception just for today. Raising her head, she looks at Shinosuke, who she is holding with her free arm. He was trying to secretly peek at the screen, but was ultimately caught, causing her to chuckle at his bashful reaction.

"Shinosuke, you want to wish Tomo-niichan a happy birthday?" she asks, gesturing to her phone.

He nods eagerly, a smile on his face. Hoping she wasn't making a mistake with this, she presses the record button and holds it near his mouth.

"Happy Birthday, Tomo-niichan!"

She smiles and sends the recording to him. "Good job, Shinosuke!" He receives a peck on the cheek, to which he giggles.

After a couple paces, they stumble upon someone familiar.

"Chuu-kun?"

He acknowledges their presence, raising a hand in a subtle wave. "Good morning, Emiko, Shinosuke."

"Good morning, Chuu-niichan!"
"Good morning, Chuu-kun. What are you doing over here?" She inquires as she walks over, falling into step with him.

"I'm here to pick up Tomoya," he bluntly states.

"Is it because it's his birthday today?"

He nods before looking over at his childhood friend. "Is that why you're also here?"

She confirms his thoughts by nodding as well, a bright smile on her face. The rest of their walk is filled with small talk about various topics ranging from their families to the job Chuukichi was working. When they finally reach their destination, both of them deadpan at the situation. The birthday boy was standing in front of his house, a rolled up tissue stuffed up a nostril with Kirin in his hold.

"Miko-neechama!"

"Should I... Call the police?" Chuukichi asks, pulling his phone out in a flash.

"Eh? What for?" Tomoya asks ignorantly, in bliss.

"Kirin, what are you doing here with Tomo-kun?" Emiko directs at the little girl, overlooking the fact that she was still in the grasp of her childhood friend.

With animated sparkles surrounding the two of them, she answers earnestly. "Kirin is just waiting for Ryuu-niichan! We don't need a police!"

The two teens stay quiet, judgingly peering at the male. They didn't keep their eyes on him long because from nearby, they heard footsteps running towards the five of them. Turning their heads, they see Kashima dashing towards them with Kotaro in his arms and the twins behind the two of them.

"Sorry for the wait, Kirin! And also, thank you Yagi-kun..." he stops once he realizes that there were an additional three people present. "Eh? Emiko-chan, Shinosuke-kun, and Nezu-kun?"

She smiles and greets them. "Good morning, Ryuu-chan, Kotaro-chan, Kichi, and Suekichi!"
Shinosuke raises his arm up and smiles just as bright as his sister. "Good morning!"

The twins immediately latch onto the older girl, bashfully hugging their arms around her stomach area. Emiko giggles at their behavior, finding them very cute.

Their older brother looks at them for a moment before turning to the other male. "... Seems like my brothers have caused you a lot of trouble."

They peek out at him to defend themselves. "We were just saving the baby from a pervert!" Kichi nods in agreement to his twin's words.

"But can I say something?" Nezu asks Kashima, who is standing there, a little bug-eyed.

"Eh? S-sure."