Episode 4

It was finally time. Emiko was officially a high school student starting today. She was fixing her tie as this was the last component of her new school uniform. The clothes had come in over the weekend because she had to get it specifically tailored to her form. Her mother had been complaining that if the uniform was already like this, the least she could do for it was to get it tailored so it fit her body perfectly. Emiko let out an exasperated sigh just remembering her mother's fussing.

"Shinosuke, are you all ready?" she asks as she steps into the kitchen area to get their bentos. She found him sitting at the table, waiting for her.

"Mm!" he says, enthusiastically. He hops down from the chair to join his older sister. Trailing after her, he watches as she gets their things ready. Emiko turns to him once she has everything in their respective bags and he lifts his arms up as she picks him up.

"Shinosuke."

He faces her with a smile, unlatching his arms from around her neck. "Yes, onee-chan?"

She gives him an apologetic smile. "Today I have to take care of things in the student council so I might be a little late."

Shinosuke wraps his arms around her neck again, snuggling closer to her. "That's okay! Onee-chan has to do really important stuff!"

"Thank you, Shinosuke. You're so big now, Onee-chan doesn't have to worry about you that much anymore," she says with a brighter smile.

"I'm a big boy now!"

"Ah, Tsukiko-kun, the club order has some mistakes. Some of them have their places switched so make sure to double check after fixing them."

"Hai!"

"Juri-chan, the budget for the science team was calculated incorrectly. Since Homura-kun is also working on the finances for the science team, you can work together."

"Thank you, Emiko-chan!"

The babysitter's club peeks inside the student council room, seeing Emiko in her element. She was checking over so many things and this was only her first year in the high school student council.

"Wow..." Kashima stared, in awe at her assertiveness and leadership.

"Emiko-chan sure is something," Usaida remarks.

The children are also amazed at how Emiko was directing the members, despite only being a first year.

One of the students spots the group as he was making his way around the room, carrying a stack of documents. "Hmm?" He spots Shinosuke and immediately figures out who they were here for. Turning to the blonde haired girl, he calls for her. "Chikafuji-san! I think there are some people looking for you!"

Upon hearing his call, she looks up from her work. Her eyes land on the daycare and her lips lift up in a smile. Standing up, she makes her way over to them, opening the door wider.

Shinosuke hugs his sister as she kneels down to their level. The other kids also gather around her when she does.

"Onee-chan!"

"Miko-neechama!"

"M-miko..."

"Miko-neechan!"

Kashima sheepishly scratches his head. "We were looking around at the high school clubs..."

"Have you gone to Hayato at the baseball club yet?" she asks.

"We're planning on going there after we stopped by," Usaida reveals.

She hums and then turns to the children. "I'm sorry, but Onee-chan still has work to do. I'll come by when I'm finished, okay?"

"Okay!"