Manga: Chapter 25

"What are you guys talking about?" Emiko asks as she slides the door open to drop Shinosuke off.

Kashima waves it off. "Ah, nothing too important."

"Ah, Ryu-chan. Didn't you say that you have to hand in a report to Hebihara-sensei?" Usaida reminds him.

"Ah... that's right. It's due today," Kashima says, almost forgetting.

"Ryu-chan, you haven't turned it in yet?" Emiko asks, a little worried for him, knowing Hebihara-sensei's harsh tendencies.

He shakes his head no in response.

Usaida hums. "If you're late, he'll bully you. Hurry along, I'm doing well here. Why don't you ask on the way?"

"Eh, but..." Kashima trails off.

Usaida proceeds to push the three of them out. "Nah, it's fine. Go on, go on." He finally shuts the door behind them after he makes sure they're all the way out with their things.

Emiko walks beside Kamitani and Kashima on the other side of him. He brings up the topic from before a little hesitantly, and Emiko still hasn't figured out what they were talking about.

"I-I'm sorry... It feels as though I'm forcing a secret out of you."

Kamitani waves his apology off dismissively. "It's okay. I didn't plan on keeping it from you."

Kashima looks at him, a little surprised at how easily he was revealing this personal information. Emiko cocks her head to the side, still having no idea what the topic of the conversation was on.

"Anyway, what about the report that you have to hand in today?" Kamitani asks, remembering.

"Ah, oh that. Last week's report on the experiment was due today."

"Ah, I forgot about it," Kamitani says bluntly.

Emiko sweat drops at his reply and his nonchalant behavior.

"... Kamitani, um, I'm alright if you don't want to talk to me about it," Kashima tells him, feeling as if he was intruding on his personal life.

Kamitani looks at him, tightening his grip on Emiko's hand, which she notices. He doesn't usually tighten it to this point, unless something was bothering him. He waits a bit before revealing, "...He's that guy. The one who's annoying and likes to bully others."

"Eh?"

Kashima's face is blank when he is told this, almost thinking it was a joke before remembering he doesn't tell jokes, especially ones like this. His eyes turn to Emiko, who has an unreadable face and nods in confirmation.

"Like I said, that annoying guy who likes to bully others, Hebihara-sensei, is my father."

Emiko drops them off at the science lab for their chemistry class, but before Kamitani could follow Kashima, he's stopped by Emiko's tight grip. He turns around to see Emiko's concerned face. She wraps her arms around him and he does the same, an arm around her waist and a hand goes to the back of her head as her chin rests on his shoulder. Emiko turned her head so that it was facing his neck before whispering, "Do well, Hayato. I'll be here, always." Lifting her head up, she presses her lips against his in a kiss, which he reciprocates. She slowly pulls away and unwraps herself from him before pressing a soft kiss to his cheek and going to her own class, a reassuring smile on her face as she leaves.

She heads to the daycare after classes and when she opens the door, she sees that the children are crowded around something. Shinosuke runs over, latching onto her calf. "Onee-chan, we're looking at the pictures from the juice!"