Episode 12

"Hey, Kashima! Took you long enough," Usokawa calls out to him as he runs over.

He pants a little. "Sorry. Am I the last one here?" he asks.

"Ah, no we're still waiting on Kamitani," Usokawa replies.

Just as he says this, Kamitani comes up from behind Kashima. "Sorry, got delayed."

"Kamitani! You have bite marks on your face!" Kashima exclaims, slightly concerned.

"Oh?"

One of the trio asks, preparing for the worst, "Hey, were you with Chikafuji-san?!"

Kamitani glances down at the marks. "Oh, this? No, the stupid brat bit me, trying to get me to take him along. I hit him and left, of course," he explains.

Kashima sweat drops at his story. "P-poor Taka-kun..."

"These brothers, man..."

But Kamitani wasn't finished. "Besides, Emiko wouldn't leave marks like that out in the open," he says.

This makes them all blush at his implications. "Y-you freaking bastard!" Usokawa yells at him, jealous to his core.

Kamitani pulls his jacket to the side and in a spot that's hidden quite well, is a dark purple bruise. "This is what her marks are like. She doesn't bite."

The rage in the trio flamed up, so hot that they could sear some barbecue.

Somewhere inside the Chikafuji estate, Emiko sneezes.

"So did your brother cry?" Kamitani asks after his explanation.

"Ah, no, Kotaro was fine," Kashima replies. He looks off to the side, a little embarrassed. "It's more my own fault I'm late, because I was too worried to just leave..." he trails off with an awkward laugh.

"You and Emiko both love your brothers too much," Kamitani states bluntly. "A feeling that's completely alien to me."

Kashima turns a little blue at his comment.

Usokawa leans in, his hands in his pockets. "What's this? Kashima, you've got a brother complex? Crazy!"

"Eh?"

"Okay, I'm gonna tell all the girls tomorrow! None of 'em will like you anymore!" he says with a triumphant smile as he pumps his fist.

Another one of their friends stops him. "Don't do that. It'll backfire, idiot."

The other one reels them back. "Anyway, let's just go inside."

The moment that both Kamitani and Emiko step into the daycare, they hear Usaida talking about how Santa won't visit Taka because he didn't eat his broccoli and Taka saying quietly that he would eat them. The two of them are surprised by his conviction.

"Heh, really?" Usaida asks, not expecting this.

"Taka-kun!" Kashima exclaims.

This is when Kamitani slams his fist down on Usaida's head and Emiko kicks him on the shoulder so that he is slammed down. This causes Kashima to widen his eyes and to turn back so quickly, he almost got vertigo.

"Cut the act," Kamitani says right after the punch.

"Kamitani! Emiko-chan!"

"Eh? I made him want to eat broccoli. What's the problem?" Usaida asks, putting a hand on his head and the other on his shoulder.

Emiko glares at him darkly with her arms crossed under chest. "You just wanted to make him cry."

Usaida shifts his position slightly. "Couldn't help it. It was too entertaining."

Kashima sweat drops at his response. "Usaida-san..."

Taka rushes over and grabs onto Kamitani's leg with tears still in his eyes. "Nii-chan, w-will Santa come to our house?"

The older Kamitani looks down at Taka. "Hah? Of course he won't. Our old lady got out presents at the depart--" He's interrupted when Emiko places a hand over his mouth, a threatening smile on her face. "Hayato. Not a word."

Kashima had also come up to them, afraid that he would spill the beans too early. "You can't shatter his dreams! You can't!"

He turns his gaze on Kashima. "How would I? He was with us when she bought them," he reveals, still talking with Emiko's hand over his lips, albeit quiet and muffled.

Taka looks up at the three teens and both Kotaro and Shinosuke stare at him before grabbing onto him from behind. He turns around at their tugging, little beads of tears in the corner of his eyes. They both pat his head.

"Taka-chan. Good boy," Kotaro says.

He stops sniffling as hard. "Will Santa come?"

"Taka was a good boy this year. I'm sure Santa will come!" Shinosuke tells him with a bright smile and Kotaro nods.

Kashima's face turns a little solemn and both Kamitani and Emiko notice when they turn their heads towards him at the same time.

Right as Christmas Eve was coming up, Kamitani made his way to the chairwoman's office after changing into the gym uniform and saying that he was ditching. But to his surprise, a certain azure eyed girl was already waiting in front of the office door, fingers on the handle, about to open it before she spotted him.

A face of befuddlement appears. "Hayato? Don't tell me you're also..." she trails off.

He nods in confirmation, making her let out a laugh. "I didn't know we thought that much alike!" She holds out her hand. "Let's go in together, Hayato."

Kamitani walks over to her, grabbing her hand as she opens the door to the office.

The doorbell to the Morinomiya residence rings out.

Kotaro immediately turns towards the door with stars in his eyes. "Santa-san!"

Kashima looks up, his eyes wide and mouth agape. 'Wait... It couldn't be...'

The front doors open and the Kashima brothers see everyone gathered together as they all say, "Merry Christmas! Ryuuichi-kun! Kotaro-kun!"

Kotaro's eyes sparkle and Kashima is taken aback by this wonderful, but unexpected surprise. The chairwoman for him. "Ryuuichi." He turns to see her holding a white box with a red ribbon wrapped around it. "Obaa-san!"

She walks up to him and puts a hand out. "Hand that to me," she orders, referring to the bag with the Sant outfit inside. In return, she lifts the box before hitting it against his forehead lightly. "I dislike children who fail to mature, and children who show unnecessary consideration," she tells him before holding out the box for him to receive. He accepts it with both hands before looking back at her. "Remember that."

"Um, obaa-san, what about your important dinner?" he asks.

"That nonsense? I left early, of course!"

The people gathered around them are all smiling, with the Kashima brothers smiling the brightest.

Inside the gift-wrapped box was an old smartphone exactly like my old one. Kamitani and Emiko-chan apparently told the chairwoman that my smartphone was broken. Mom, Dad... The moment I opened that door, I felt a little disappointed that it wasn't you guys there... But that was outweighed by how happy, content, and emotional it made me.

"Okay, here we go!" Kumatsuka-san announces before getting into position.

"Five!"

"Four!"

"Three!"

"Two!"

"One!"

"Merry Christmas!"