Manga: Chapter 35

Currently hovering outside the daycare center, a lonely student is back. Inui peeks inside the window, hoping a certain person would be there, but with no such luck, he does not spot the one of his dreams. 'Damn it, she's not here today either,' he thinks to himself, wandering around.

He's snapped out of his trance when a familiar voice comes from right behind him. "Do you have any matters with the daycare center, Inui-senpai?"

"Waah!!" The aforementioned male jumps in shock, his eyes bugging out. He lands on the ground with his face covered in scarlet as he stutters out a response. "T-T-That scared me! M-My heart nearly leaped out!"

Kashima deadpans at his behavior, Kotaro in his hold just looking at the older student. "S-sorry." What is this? After creeping up on others, I can kind of understand how they feel. Kashima reflects on the times he's been startled by other people like this before opening his mouth. "Well, if you're looking for Sawatari-sensei, she'll be here in the evening."

"N-No! I'm not looking for Yukari...." Inui trails off, kind of sheepishly if we're being honest here. He stays silent for a few moments before mumbling "Fine," in an almost defeated manner. But he immediately lights up again, his cheeks dusted over with pink as he grabs onto Kashima's wrist. "I shall discuss my brand new love life with you! These are senpai's orders!"
"Eh?!"

They end up in the daycare, where most of the kids were playing around with the older male, irritating him to no end. "But why must we discuss it in the daycare center?!"

Kashima doesn't really display any sympathy for the red-haired senpai as he sits across from him with Midori in his arms. "Well of course. I've got to look after the kids in the daycare center after school. If you don't like it, you can leave."

"Why does it seem like you're being extremely cold to me?" Inui asks Kashima with a pointed stare.

Kashima lets out a sigh. "That's because the person who wants to talk to me was peeking into the room just now. I'll say this in advance. All the mothers here are married and I will not help you," he warns with a darkened gaze that pierces into Inui.

"So annoying! I won't be like that again!" He defends himself, exasperated with Kashima. Turning around and hugging himself into a depressed ball, he sulks. "That's why I decided to start on a new love to forget all about Yukari..."

This seems to soften Kashima up as he now gets an inlinking of what was actually going on. "S-Sorry... I've said too much. So who is this person then?"

Inui turns his head, the blush on his face very pigmented. ". . . During the cultural festival there she was with long hair, gentle and quiet... A... c-cute girl..."

"Eh?"

"Ah, could it be Chikafuji Emiko-chan that you're talking about?" Usaida randomly inserts himself into the conversation.

"Her name is Chikafuji Emiko-san?!" Inui is elated at the knowledge of finally obtaining her name.

"Nii-chan!" Kotaro points at his older brother, who turns his attention to him. "Hm? What is it, Kotaro?"

"So where is this girl called Emiko-san? I was dazed for a moment, I even thought she was your relative or something!" Inui tells Kashima, who looks a bit taken aback at what he was saying.

"Eh? Emiko-chan? We're not related, but we are good friends."

"So, well... Could you introduce me to this 'Emiko' girl? I beg you!"

A pause and then Kashima looks at him with a disturbed look. "No way."

". . . Why? Could it be that you like Emiko-san too?"