Party Meeting

Hurricane: Home is behind, the world ahead, and there are many paths to tread. Through shadows to the edge of night, until the stars are all alight. Then world behind and home ahead, we'll wander back and home to bed. Mist and twilight, cloud and shade, away shall fade.

[The clock behind the Party strikes 12]

Ocelot: A new start! A new adventure! A new story! I'm excited for what this one will entail!

Alligator: Hm.

Cactus: A-Are we s-sure about that...? I-I just mean, the bit with K-Kippo and the house...

Piranha: Her names Kipo! And what the hell do you mean about that part! It was amazing, just like everything else!

Cactus: U-Uh, y-yes, o-of course!

Snowflake: Now, now, we must all respect the other's opinion. Truthfully, I loved how Kipo managed to survive among all those animals there. She even made friends, somehow.

Piranha: Yeah! Especially with Wirt and Bipo! I love Bipo's silly name!

Ocelot: And Wirt's drive to find his brother is good, too, or else they might have been stuck in clearing forever. That might get boring.

Alligator: I'm sure the bone dragon would have chased them out eventually.

Snowflake: Ah, that's right. The bone dragons chased them out of the clearing and right into the dangerous forest they had tried avoiding.

Cactus: A-And then a 'm-mysterious person' tied those flowers around their heads...

Piranha: Yeah! Good thing, too, or they would have done for!

[The conversation fell silent, and an ominous ticking grew in the background until Alligator spoke up again]

Alligator: The fact that they didn't die right then and there doesn't matter. They're gonna die later anyway.

Piranha: What is that?! Some sort of critique?!

Snowflake: You're getting ahead of yourself, Alligator. This is much more interesting, is it not?

Alligator: Troublesome, more like.

Starfinder: Ignore him.

Piranha: I like that option. Anyway, eventually, the bone dragons attacked again, and because Adam couldn't see the world for what it was, Wirt got captured!

Ocelot: Poor guy.

Alligator: Is this going to be some sort of theme?

Cactus: A-And then Kipo ended up at the m-mountain, d-days later, and met up w-with... with... Rose?

Piranha: TULIP, MORON!

Cactus: T-Tulip! I'm s-sorry!

Snowflake: And then Tulip took Kipo down to meet up with some of her potential allies, and Adam.

Piranha: That was great! Adam was definitely smarter than I thought! Amazing!

Ocelot: Yeah! And that reunion was so sad... it almost made me cry. And then Adam went off like a hero to get Bipo to save Wirt...

Alligator: And then he died.

...

Snowflake: Yes...

Cactus: I-Isn't that o-odd? P-People don't usually d-die at the start...

Piranha: DON'T YOU DARE-

Cactus: I-I'm sorry!

Snowflake: No, he's right... this definitely is strange, but I'm not opposed to it. I thought it was interesting, at the very least.

Alligator: He had a lot of friends. They're going to mope for a while.

Piranha: What?! He'd never write something that boring!

Starfinder:...

Piranha:... Sorry.

Ocelot: ...Welp, because of Adam and Bipo's sacrifice, Wirt was saved from the bone dragons. He's safe!

Alligator: For now.

Snowflake: For now...

Starfinder: Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

[Click! The clock behind the Party strikes 12:10]

Next Time, on Wonderer's Wish World

The world Kipo, Wirt and their friends find themselves is going to expand in ways they never knew expected as they meet new friends, find new places and discover more of the odd twisted world they have found themselves in.

Stay tuned for Wonderer's Wish World: An Empty World Part Two: The Infinite Space Between Darkness and Light!