Quaint Little Town?

Kipo didn't know what to make of her surroundings. When she first looked over them, from the cave, it didn't look like there was anything off, but now that she was walking through it...

The fields around were large, stretching out to the edges of the valley the fields were set in. There was nothing wrong with them, in fact, they looked like they were thriving. Which is perhaps why they were so odd.

In Kipo's old burrow, and even outside of it, they had fields, and Kipo knew just from experience how much work and effort were put into maintaining them. Fields that were this big took a lot of effort, and usually had at least two to three people tending to them at one time. But these fields were empty, barren.

Tulip seemed to notice Kipo's troubled look. She followed her gaze out to the sea of green. "They just grow like that."

Kipo's head snapped over to her. "They just... grow like that? All in perfect straight rows without any weeds."

Tulip nodded, and Kipo frowned, troubled. "I don't-how is that possible?!"

"I don't know," Tulip told her. "None of us can figure it out, they just do. You probably shouldn't think to much about it. I mean, I met non-talking, anthropomorphic crystals once, so I think it'll be smart to suspend your disbelief."

Kipo blinked. 'Isn't that what you'd usually say about a movie?' she thought, but she tried to take the advice to heart.

They were almost to the town now, which was probably bothering Kipo more than the fields were. This town looked big, certainly big enough to both need the big fields and large enough to take care of them. But there wasn't a person in sight. This town was the type to look big enough that it would be busy and bustling, but it was strangely still. With every step, Kipo felt her nervousness mounting.

Finally, something moved. As the two of the drew up to the town, the closest house to them opened its door, and to Kipo's surprise, the head of a girl, probably the same age as Kipo and Tulip, popped out. Her eyes met with Kipo's, and she tilted her head curiously. Tulip and Kipo paused as she hurried over to them.

"Kipo!" the girl yelled out, and Kipo jumped, blinking at her in surprise. "You're Kipo, right?!"

"Huh?" Kipo asked. "Uh... yes??"

"Perfect," the girl finally reached them, doubling over and breathing heavily. "Good. Adam's waiting for you in the library."

Kipo's eyes widened. "Adam? He's ok?! And he's here?"

The girl was still heaving. "Y-Yeah... he told us to keep an eye out for Kipo, who is pink, and therefore very noticeable." Finally catching her breath, the girl drew up, flashing Kipo a smile. She had tan skin, and long black hair with black streaks on her bangs. She looked pretty cool, Kipo thought. "Wasn't too hard to make the connection."

Kipo blinked, glancing over to Tulip, who put up her hands.

"I know, I know," she said, sounding guilty. "I, uh... didn't know how to bring it up? Sorry, I wasn't sure if you were the right Kipo or not..."

"She's pink," Mira snickered.

"I know, I know..." Tulip sighed. "Feel free to mock me."

"I will," Mira assured her. She looked over to Kipo once again. "But he mentioned another person, too. Um... Wirt?"

As quickly as it came, Kipo's high spirits fell. She remembered the vision the crystal showed her. "I... I think the bone dragons still have him," Kipo said sorrowfully. Tulip and Mira gave her a pitying look, but Kipo shook herself out. She really didn't have the time for this. "Er... where's Adam again?"