56 [Bring Home the Beacon]

they aren't bringing a beacon but they're going home so it kinda works idk
TW// slight gore, mention of vomit, panic attack

George was in front, but he heard Sapnap scream.

He turned around and saw Bad stuck in a gigantic Magma Cube, which Sapnap started wildly attacking with his sword until it hopped toward him and he almost fell into a lava pit scrambling away.

George quickly stumbled back down to them; his head felt heavy and his balance seemed a little off, but he couldn't deal with that at the moment. Bad was struggling in the tepid slime, but it looked like he could barely move.

Sapnap stabbed into it again and again, but it did nothing. His sword went in and out as it kept hopping towards him. Finally he sliced and started cutting away little pieces like jell-o.
George went behind it and started slicing out a hole to Bad in the middle of it. Bad tried to reach out a hand but he looked like he was choking.

George finally reached through the slime and pulled him out the back; it felt disgusting, but it glooped together so none of it stayed on him.
Bad gasped in a deep breath and coughed some, but he motioned that he was okay.

The Magma Cube made a gurgling noise and its orange eyes slid through the middle to look at George. He jumped in shock. The cube hopped towards him with another loud splat.

It was smaller now but George lifted his shield over Bad, who was still sitting on the ground and coughing.
Sapnap sliced it in fourths from behind with a fierce battle cry and then smiled at George.

"You fucking idiot." George watched as each of the pieces grew its own pair of eyes and plopped along in his direction. He also noticed that the tiny chips Sapnap had cut off had surrounded them with an army of splats.

"WELL WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO?!" Sapnap demanded as George pulled Bad to his feet and dragged him back away from the tiny slimes.
They both towered up and George heaved Bad up on his.
Bad finally got his breath back and thanked them. Sapnap bridged to where George had been climbing and George just secretly hoped Bad wouldn't vomit up slimes and sleepwalk back to the Nether like in Stranger Things.

They kept going. At one part they found another giant Magma Cube that looked like it had absorbed two other ones to become mega colossal. They were high enough above it that Sapnap bridged over it.
But then the Magma Cube jumped way too high and the top of it stuck to the bridge like glue.
They all watched as it made a disgusting slurping, gurgling noise and rose up through the bridge until it was entirely on top, where it hopped toward them.
They cut it into pieces and pushed them off until the biggest part left wasn't tall enough to reach the bridge anymore.
George kept glancing back after that to see if it would re-form and continue chasing them, but it didn't.

George was very, very tired of all the monsters' surprises at this point.
He was ready to get back to the Overworld where things were at least MORE normal.
But when the three of them had climbed up to the approximate height, there weren't any obvious openings in the Netherrack.

"Where is it?" Sapnap demanded angrily.

George shook his head. "It's around here somewhere. I'm not a compass or anything, SaPnAp! You're the one who didn't care to leave any trail or mark or anything- you just expect me to know exactly where it is!"

Bad cut Sapnap off before he could retort. "Okay you muffinheads, lets just start digging, we don't have time for your fights."

George rolled his eyes and started breaking a path, digging in random directions.

After what felt like a very long time, he heard Sapnap calling his name and followed the sound back.
He had found a tunnel. It wasn't the one with the portal, but they all got in to follow it together. Until it ended in a wall.