28 [Best Friends Forever]

TW // blood, slight gore

Skeppy sat down right there on the floor.

"What the hell was that?"

"Language!" Bad was rushing at the door. "What are you sitting down for?! Come on!"

"But wait-" Skeppy scrambled to his feet- "he said not to- BAD!"
Bad was already out the door chasing a6d.

Skeppy quickly followed. Bad was looking around in the dark outside.
"Who cares what he said? He's confused, we have to help him, come on."

Skeppy had no idea how Bad knew where to go, but he stuck right behind him as they left the safety of the house and marched into the moonlit night.

Skeppy caught up and walked beside Bad; he was walking really really fast. "Why doesn't he remember us?"

"I don't know, Skeppy. Maybe respawning gave him amnesia." Bad was anxiously looking around.

"But how could that happen?" Skeppy was hung up on this, but he remembered to pull out his shield in case they got jumped by monsters.

"I don't know, Skeppy," Bad answered tiredly. "I only know as much as you."

"Where did he go?"

"I don't know, but we have to find him."

"Why did he run away?"

"He's scared, I think."

"But he doesn't know about the monsters," Skeppy said.

"No, so we have to find him," Bad craned his neck, looking between the trees.
It was nearly impossible to see in the gathering darkness.

Skeppy heard something behind them and jumped, scanning quickly for monsters. He didn't see anything, but he was spooked. He felt for Bad's hand.

"Get out your sword, Skeppy. We might have to fight something."

"Um, yeah. Ok." Skeppy pulled his sword from its sheath and held it in his right hand.

On an unrelated note, he felt kinda awesome doing that with a shield strapped to his other arm and a medieval chestplate.

"There!" Bad pointed out a figure moving quickly ahead of them.
"A6D!!!!" Bad yelled.

A6d whipped around and pointed the bow up at them. "I said not to follow! Stop!"

"Listen," Bad spoke slowly and crept forward in the little clearing, "we're not going to hurt you. It's much more dangerous out here. Come back to the house with us."

Skeppy stood still and watched, he had a feeling he should just let Bad do the talking.
He worried that a6d would shoot Bad. He knew that Bad could take more than a few arrows before dying, but it wasn't something he wanted to see happen at all. He should have given Bad his chestplate.

"It's my house," a6d said, still leveling the bow right at Bad.

Is he just assuming that because he woke up in it?
Oh I guess that kinda would make sense. He definitely thinks we're intruders then.

"We built that house together." Bad took another little step forward; he spoke with certainty and a comforting tone.
Skeppy realized how courageous Bad was. He was walking directly into a bow and arrow, and he didn't have a shield up or any armor besides boots. He was holding one arm out in front of him like he was trying to calm down a small animal.
"A6d, we're your friends," Bad said delicately.

"Stop calling me that." A6d redirected the arrow at Skeppy for a second, then back at Bad. "I'm not that."

Skeppy tensed and moved his shield a millimeter; he saw in a6d's eyes that he noticed, and became more suspicious. Fuck.