4 [Spooky Scary Skeleton]

Badboyhalo realized with a shiver that a6d was right.
The light filtering down under the trees was lessening little by little.

He immediately scolded himself for not paying enough attention and letting the three of them stand and chat for so long. But there wasn't much time to really blame himself as much as he would have liked because of how urgent the situation felt.
As the light level went down the tension skyrocketed. Fear showed on every one of their faces, and Bad felt almost like he was being strangled by the air. They were probably going to die.

"What do we do?" Skeppy asked nervously.

"Don't panic," said Bad. He was trying really hard to follow his own advice.

"Punch a tree and get as much wood as you can," a6d said. "When mobs start spawning, we run."

Skeppy didn't waste time arguing now. He and Bad practically ran to the nearest tree and started hitting it. A6d was doing the same.

Even in the high-stakes situation, Bad was fascinated by the punching mechanism. He was blocked from hitting the tree with his left hand, so he just made a fist and punched it repeatedly with his right.
Cracks formed immediately on the square log, and after a few seconds it made a popping sound and zoomed up to his face, making him jump.
He blinked and then saw it in a little box at the bottom of his vision.
This is so strange.

He looked at his hand, which didn't hurt at all. He couldn't even really feel what he was touching when he punched it. It wasn't exactly soft, but it didn't seem like he was actually making contact.

He shook his head and quickly started on the next log. They didn't have time to lose.
He could feel his body kicking into high gear as it got darker and darker around them. He heard Skeppy and a6d punching their own trees, but then another sound reached his ears.

Bones.

Minecraft skeletons make a very distinct, hollow clacking sound when they walk, and the noise had never frightened BadBoyHalo as much as it did in that moment.

The others stopped what they were doing and Bad made eye contact with a6d. This is the time he was talking about. They were supposed to run.

But we don't have enough wood yet.

"Run!" a6d shouted and darted away from the skeleton noises.
Skeppy took off after him.

Bad cringed. He stayed hidden behind the tree, the skeleton was on the other side, actually now it sounded like more than one.
What to do- what to do. It's dangerous to stay here but we aren't prepared to stay anywhere. We need more wood to make things tonight.

"BAD!" Skeppy had looked back and saw that he wasn't moving. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" He stopped himself from running headfirst into a tree and turned around to come back; A6d had also stopped.

"NO! KEEP GOING!" Bad couldn't let Skeppy come back into the crossfire. He started running toward them.

He regretted it as soon as his fingertips left the bark. An arrow whizzed past his head and he ran faster. I should have stayed. We can't run all night. We need more wood. Dang it dang it dang it. This is bad.

The other two saw he was coming and started running again, but he was still behind them.

He knew there was definitely more than one skeleton when two arrows brushed his hair and his arm simultaneously. This is really bad. When did Minecraft get so SCARY?
He risked a glance back and saw three skeletons opening fire on him.

They didn't look that scary, or really like people. They were still just white pixels with bows and infinite arrows. There were no curves or anything, just blocky heads and ribs. They didn't have to look threatening to kill him, though.