"Ms. Y/N?" You turned at Daisy's voice. "Can I head home, then? Or shall I put her to sleep while you shower and--"

"It's okay," you said with a nod. "Tae can watch her then." Taehyung beamed a little and nodded as the little girl tried to tie the tie around her own neck. Scared of the hazard, he quickly helped it off of her.

"I can watch her, it's not a problem." Daisy nodded. "And we can clean up this mess too."

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow, Ms. Y/N?" You nodded. "Bye, honey."

"Bye bye, Dais!" She went to remove her crown but Elise shook her head. "Keep! Princess at home too!" Daisy chuckled.

"Thanks, honey."

Once she left, you stood with your plate, ready to wash it. "You can go shower-- should I help Elise to bed?" Tae asked. You smiled.

"If you can-- she has a hard time going to sleep." Taehyung stood, toddler on his hip. "It's quite late though; Elise are you tired?" She shook her head at you.

"Wanna play some more, mama."

"It's time for bed." She frowned and Taehyung tapped her on the nose.

"Hey! TaeTae will read you a story, okay?" he asked. She looked at him, putting her hands on his cheeks and squishing. He chuckled.

"Really?" He nodded, carrying her in the direction of her room.

"Mhm, what kind of books does my princess have?"

"Lots!"

It was just as you were listening to Taehyung read and washing your last few dishes that there was a knock on the door. With a frown on your face, you went to see who it was. And low and behold, a bucket hat appeared in the peephole.

"Jungkook."

"Ms. Y/N!" He stuck out his hands and you looked down at the container. "The muffins!"

"Oh." You took the container.

"Is she asleep already?" Jungkook peered into your apartment.

"It's almost ten pm, Jungkook." He smiled.

"Babies go to sleep so early." He sighed, hands in his pockets. "Well, I hope you guys like them! I added extra cinnamon because one time we shared a cinnamon roll and Elise loved it."

"Alright." You didn't even know she liked cinnamon.

"And the frosting didn't-- well, it didn't turn out that great since I accidentally bought, um, garlic cream cheese." He turned red as he said it, scratching the back of his head. "I didn't add it though, don't worry! They just might taste a little plain."

"It's alri--"

"Y/N?" You turned and Taehyung walked up behind you, Elise still on his shoulder. She was asleep now though. Jungkook's eyes lit up.

"She's asleep!" he exclaimed in a whisper. "She's so cute, Ms. Y/N."

"Ye--"

"Hi, hyung!" Jungkook pointed at the container in your hands. Tae looked down at it. "I made Ms. Y/N and Elise carrot muffins! You should try one t--"

"It's rather inappropriate for you to show up here, Jeon." Jungkook's face fell and it was really quiet for a few seconds. 

And then he spoke. "Well, you're here too, hyung."

You looked between both of them and Taehyung spoke, his voice cold and low. "Why I'm here is none of your business."

"Then why I'm here isn't any of your business either, hyung."

"Jungkook," you hushed. Jungkook looked at you, now upset. You looked at Taehyung, putting a hand on his bicep. He glanced down at it. "Tae, put her to sleep, okay?" He smiled, feeling as if he'd won.

"Okay."

"Ms. Y/N--" You cut Jungkook off.

"Kook, thank you for the muffins but you should go home now." His shoulders dropped.

"Oh." You sighed. "Okay."

"Yeah." He scratched the back of his head.

"I just-- I just wanted to give you those." You nodded, realizing his feelings were hurt. You could see it all written over his face; you wouldn't be surprised if he started to cry.

"I'll let you know how they ar--"

"Y/N, I'm making tea!" You winced as Taehyung called you. You turned to Jungkook. He was back to staring at his shoes.

"I'm coming," you sighed. "Bye, Jungkook." Taehyung came up behind you once again as Jungkook nodded.

"Bye, Ms. Y/N."

"Bye, Kook." He looked to Taehyung, who'd taken to resting a hand on your shoulder.

"I really wish we could just be friends, hyung."

And with that, Jungkook was walking back down the hallway.

You turned to Taehyung once you'd closed the door. "Tae," you whispered. He swallowed and you watched his Adam's apple bob.

"He was pissing me off."

"He didn't do anything wrong." You walked past him and into the house. He followed. "You didn't need to do that."

"I just don't want him to--"

"He won't hurt me, I promise." Taehyung nodded slowly.

"What happened to not liking him?" You crossed your arms.

"It's not that I don't like him-- he's cute, Taehyung," you said, repeating what you and Joon had talked about earlier. "He's cute and he's really nice company because he's always so happy-- there's no need to put him down."

"He's immature." Taheyung crossed his arms. "And quite stupid, frankly." You gasped.

"Taehyung!"

"It's what I think-- he's childish and needs to grow up."

You shook your head at him and he shrugged as Elise walked right back out of her room. You looked down at her. "What happened? Weren't you sleeping?"

"Mama," she whined. She raised her arms and you picked her up, setting her on the counter next to your purse. She leaned against it.

"Maybe you need some milk; did you drink milk today?" She shook her head. "Okay, I'll get you some milk."

"I can help." You gave Taehyung a small smile.

"It's getting late-- you should go home."

"I don't mind, y/n--"

"Really, Tae." He sighed and watched you pull out the carton of milk.

"Well, I just wanted to ask if you wanted to go out to ea--"

"Kookie?" You both looked down at Elise. She held up the bunny ear headband that you'd had in your purse. She set it on her head. "Kookie," she whispered. You nodded.

"He returned it to me today." Taehyung stared at the ears before looking at you.

"I'll head home," he whispered. You nodded.

"Thanks for stopping by." He nodded back before heading to the door.

Fucking Jeon Jungkook.