Chapter 38

"Stop it Jungkook. You are so shameless." Saying that you proceed to push him and get yourself released.

"Ah.. Ah...ah it hurts." your eyes widened as you completely forgot about his injury.

"Oh my... I am so sorry. Where does it hurt?"

"Here... My heart hurts because of you."

"Jungkook... I am not in the mood to joke right now."

"I am not joking. It actually hurts here."

He spoke pressing your hand on his chest. You tried to withdraw it but as usual, it was of no use. 

"This... Can you feel it? It beats so fast when you are around. It... It was not easy for me to confess my feelings. But when you brushed it off saying its infatuation... It hurt. Everytime you call me kid... Like a brother... It hurt. Everytime you disappeared, it hurt. You just could never see the pain of my heart. "

"So you showed me you pain this way? By hurting your self... Falling off the stairs?"

"I really slipped."

"Oh... And I believe that."

"I swear I slipped and I caught on to the railing. But I let go."

"How could you? Why? Just why?" 

"I wanted... I wanted you to acknowledge my feelings. I wanted you to feel guilty... So guilty that you would not try to run away from me." 

"So now I am feeling guilty. Are you happy? I would never dare to run away. Congratulation Prince Jungkook. You succeeded. You won." 

"I didn't do it to win. I - I just... Okay... I won't give excuses. I won't lie as well. I am sorry. I was wrong. I know I shouldn't have done that. I hurt you... Hurt everyone. I am sorry. If you wish I will keep saying sorry for entire lifetime. Please... Please don't be angry. Forgive me... I just... Just love you so much Noona. I thought you will reject me and disappear again when I saw you in the morning. I couldn't let you go. I am sorry. "

He said hugging you while crying, nuzzling his head on the crook of your neck. 

"This is not fair Jungkook. You... Y-you are not fair. Hurting yourself and using you tears to get what you want is so unfair." 

"Just one... Give me just o-one chance Noona. P-Please... Give me just one chance to make you mine." 

"Jungkook..." 

"I know you love me but you hadn't yet realize. Give me one chance to make you realise your love for me. Then I won't pester you anymore. I won't ask for anything. What happened today will never happen again... I promise. Please Noona..." 

"What... What do you want me to do?" 

"Be my girlfriend..." His dark brown eyes stared into your as he spoke those words. 

"WHAT?" 

You stood up distancing yourself from him. 

"Please Noona... Just this one time accept it. I promise if you don't develop any feeling for me I will let you go." 

Hearing these words coming out of his mouth you were in daze

Just what is he thinking, you questioned yourself. Girlfriend...? You were having abnormal reaction hearing that word. Your heart started beating rapidly. 

"Even after being in relationship with you, if I won't be able to change your thoughts about me then I might forget... Or at least try to forget about you. If you refuse to give me this chance then I won't be able to get rid of those feelings. I will always have lingering affection for you even after years... I won't be able to move on Noona. Moreover being able to be with you as your boyfriend even if its for short time, I won't be left with regret. So, Please Noona... "

What he said makes sense? But somehow you feel you can't trust his words at all. Ever since that party, you felt that you didn't know lots of thing about him. And one of them was his scheming nature... He fell down the stairs to stop you from rejecting him and running away. He is definitely not some innocent pitiful eighteen years old guy... Someone who is supposed to be king in later years can't be simple. 

When you didn't say anything he spoke again. 

"What do you want me do then? Want me to forever remember you and not give you up? Forever chase you like a puppy... Noona truly answer my question... You actually don't want me to forget my feelings right? Because you love me but you are scared, you are playing hard to get right? "

"No... It's not that. I need some time to think." 

"Last time you asking for time got my leg fractured and you are again asking for time. This time what if die..."

"JUNGKOOK STOP IT... You are blackmailing me?" 

"I am not. I am requesting... No I am begging you Noona."

"What will grandma and dad think? I won't be able to face them." 

"They already know my feelings. So they won't think anything. And this is the outcome they had expected so it might be surprising at first, but they will gradually accept it." 

"It's different. Us dating after we both had feelings for each other won't have been a problem but it's only you who has feelings for me. So our relationship won't be normal." 

"Then we can just not let them know. W-we can secretly date." 

"But..." 

"Noona... Should I kneel down with my fractured leg? Will that make you accept my request? Please Noona... I will do everything you ask but just this... If this doesn't work out then I won't go after you again. We can go back to the relationship we had before. Just once... Give me the chance. Please Noona... Please be my girlfriend... "