12

Jungkook POV

I started freaking out, trying to process what just happened. No one could know about this. Not even Taehyung. If Jennie knew, I would be done for and I would lose her.

I ran to Taehyung's house, and knocked on the door, a bit too harshly. When the door opened, instead of the man I was looking for, I saw his sister."O-Oh, h-hey Jennie..." I said a bit breathlessly. I expected her to be weirded out, but instead her face of slight confusion turned into a warm smile as she said,"Hello, come in Jungkook!"

I stepped in and scanned the living room and saw Tzuyu seated on the sofa. I went to the table and took a seat on a chair."Water, Jungkook?" Jennie asked, as I nodded. A crystal-clear glass filled with cool water was passed to me, as I guzzled down the thirst-quenching liquid.

It was a bit awkward after I finished my water, so both of us were looking around, not knowing what to do.

"So, Jungkook, it's been some time since you talked to Jennie" Tzuyu remarked, not looking up from her phone. Out of my peripheral vision, I could see Jennie silently thanking her best friend."Uh yeah, how have you been Jennie? How's work at the cafe?" I chimed in.

"Not so well. Remember that girl I had a fight with? Turns out, she was able to manipulate the head manager at the cafe and play the victim so..." she trailed off. I could see uneasiness in her eyes. I gently put my hand over her slightly smaller one, and looked up to her eyes. Her eyes were lowered, and I could tell something happened and it wasn't good.

"It's ok, you can tell me" I soothed. Her eyes suddenly glistened before she continued."I-I... I got fired from my job" she whispered in a broken voice and I immediately engulfed her in a soft hug. She lightly sobbed on my shoulder, but I didn't mind my shirt getting damp.

"I don't know what to do, that was the only way I could earn money to live" she said between tears. I felt so bad for her, I almost felt like I was the one who caused this.

"Hey, mind if I grab you for a sec?" asked Tzuyu, and Jennie nodded after wiping her face. I stumbled as Tzuyu grabbed me harshly by the arm and pulled me to the bathroom."Look here, Mr. Boy-Who's-Whipped-For-My-Best-Friend, she's going through a lot right now. I know what's going on between you two, so please promise me that you won't break her heart." she pleaded.

I hope I can. I hope my job doesn't get between us. I thought.

We quietly got out of the bathroom after talking for a few minutes. I looked around for Jennie and saw her fast asleep on the couch, most likely lulled to sleep by crying, as I could see her tried tears that ran down her cheeks.

I slowly laid down right next to her and tossed my arm over her body."I'm sorry" I whispered."I'll make sure to get you a job, I promise". As I closed my eyes, I heard a light clicking and some shuffling.

Gosh, Chou Tzuyu!

Jennie POV

I eyes fluttered open, and I felt an arm around me. I became startled and saw Jungkook right next to me, asleep."Tzuyu, help!" I whispered, but saw no sign of my best friend. Jungkook suddenly moved to the side and I stared at his face. He was like a real-life Ken doll, with smooth features.

Maybe I can stay here for a bit longer. I thought, as I snuggled back into his arms.

*****

"Hello, wake up!" I soft voice awoke me. It was him again. I jerked up with my hair all frizzy.

"Uh, sorry for waking you up" Jungkook muttered, rubbing his nape."Nah, it's fine I guess" I shrugged and looked at the clock. The time, 2:27, sent me into an internal frenzy, as I rushed to the coat hook near the door, absentmindedly searched for my barista uniform.