9

Jennie POV

After my mini crying session, I rose up from the ground and hobbled to the door. Slowly unlocking it so that I wouldn't disturb anyone, I silently went to my room and closed the door. I never knew what to do with my life, yet again, with no one to guide me through good and bad. My daily schedule?

Wake up.

Grieve about the loss of my parents.

Eat.

Sleep.

And hit the repeat button.

If not for my bold and dearly brother Taehyung, I would've been an unwashed and unhygienic human, wrapped up in a cocoon of warm blankets, sleep deprived and depressed. At least getting a job helped me earn money and keep my life stable.

Random thoughts of the day swirled through my head, as I body hit the soft mattress in my room.

*****

"Good morning, my little scoop of strawberry ice cream!" a cheery voice called out, and I groaned the second I recognised it.

"God damn Tzuyu, just a few days ago you were so quiet, I never heard a peep from you. Which little monkey made you suddenly overflow with an impossible amount of happiness?" I asked with my eyes still closed.

I knew she was still in my room, by the fact that she had opened the curtains, and worse, my window and bed faces to the east, making a healthy amount of UV rays directly hit the whole room.

"I swear, if you weren't my best friend, then you would have been six feet under" I threatened in a morning voice as I got of the bed with the blanket draped around my body."Oh, I'm so scared, someone save me! Um, nope, how could a little kitty hurt me?" Tzuyu cooed.

"Get out, you little seahorse!" I playfully barked, making her run out of the room, giggling. Once my eyes had finally adjusted to the sunlight, I opened my big peepers to the world. Yawning, I made a beeline to the bathroom and rinsed my face with a splash of cold water to make sure my body was fully prepared for the oncoming day.

*****

"Morning, Taehyung" I nudged the broad back huddled against the fridge.

"Um, good morning, Jennie!"

Wait. No. What was he doing in my home?"Uh, Jungkook? Did Taehyung let you in?" I asked the male who faced me.

"Yep, the guy told me that I have to take care of you" he shrugged. I face palmed myself and took out food ingredients for a breakfast on a lazy Saturday.

"Wanna help me make food?" I asked Jungkook. He smiled and I took it as a yes. Grabbing two aprons, I handed one of them to him. I had to put on my apron later, as I was getting the pan ready for some savory bacon.

I was slightly shocked and amused at the same time when large arms wrapped around my upper abdomen. An apron was put on me, and two gentle hands tied the two ropes on my back. I could feel my cheeks burning, but thankfully it went unseen.

"Need help with making it?" Jungkook offered."U-Um, sure, go ahead." I moved from the stove to make space for Jungkook. I felt sheepish as I lay my gaze on Jungkook's tall back. Making my way to the table, I set the plates and cutlery for our breakfast.

Our breakfast included bacon, jam on toast, and some coffee from the cafe I work at. After Jungkook and I were finished with our breakfast I lead the way to the coffee shop.

*****

Thankfully, today was my day off, and most of the staff recognised me and greeted us warmly. As Jungkook and I sipped on our desired drinks, an unfamiliar waitress approached our table, most likely a newbie.

"May I take your order?" she asked."No, it's fine, we already have our drinks!" I assured her.

"I believe I didn't ask you, I was asking the hot stuff seated with you" she explained rudely, and I rolled my eyes at her.

"No, like she said, we don't need anything, thank you!" Jungkook told her. The waitress scoffed and left our table.

"Thank god, she's gone-"

I was cut off when suddenly a hot beverage was spilled on me."Oh gosh, what the hell!?" I look up to see the same newbie again."Didn't I tell you to leave me alone?" I said angrily. Jungkook took a few napkins and dabbed the stained parts of my shirt.

I took Jungkook outside the cafe, went back in, and flung my coffee at her."I should remind you, a waitress doesn't hookup with a customer, why the heck is wrong with you?" I told her and marched outside.

"Hey, I'm sorry that happened!" Jungkook apologised. I just shook my head and zipped up my jacket."Come on, let's go home" I said in a slightly annoyed tone.

I looked back and saw Jungkook walking with his head down. I sighed and waited for him."It's okay, don't worry, I'm fine it's not your fault ok?" I said softly. We walked home in silence.

*****

"So, what do you wanna do?" I asked Jungkook once we came home. He shrugged and scrolled through his phone. He suddenly got a text message and widened his eyes."S-Sorry Jennie, I have to go, see next time!" he waved to me, and before I could do anything, he left the house.

____________________

Hello! This chapter is the first update of today! Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me! Saranghae, my readers!-Emi