5

Jennie POV

For the next few weeks, Jungkook would take me on dates. That was a bit of exaggeration, but it definitely felt like that. With a book in my hand, I jumped on my bed and started reading the paragraphs of each page.

"Ah, crap!" I heard someone holler, and my instincts told me to check out the source of the sound. There was my brother, with blood leaking from his thigh. Flinching at the dreadful sight, I slowly made my way to him."Alright, you brat, what happened here?" I questioned him, while taking out the first aid kit.

"First and foremost, you have no right to call me that" I raised my eyebrow with an annoyed look on my face and then pinched his lower thigh.

"FU-"

"No swearing, you nuisance" I cut him off, as pain coated his face."By the way you still didn't answer my question" I reminded Taehyung, as he rolled his eyes at me.

"A drunk man came in to the shop and went into a full fit." He winced as I patted his wound with some alcohol."Yeah, and may I know how a man could throw glass at you?" I asked.

"He had a bottle of beer with him and he smashed it on me" I gave him a disgusted look. He was definitely lying, but I let it slide.

"Alright, go change, boomer." My pride went up a notch when I saw Taehyung give me an offended look. Sticking my tongue at him playfully, I raced upstairs to my room for protection from my brother's oncoming outburst.

"KIM FREAKING JENNIE, YOU CALL ME A NAME ONE MORE TIME, I WILL MAKE SURE THAT YOU STARVE TO DEATH, YOU UNGRATEFUL NITWIT!"

I fell on the floor and laughed, clutching my stomach. The brief comedy session was cut off by a familiar beep. Why the hell do I keep getting so many texts? The message that was sent to me was no ordinary one. In fact, this text made me go straight into panic mode.

*****

"Hey open up!" I banged on my best friend's door. Finding no response, I kept slamming the door with my body. By the time the door flew open, my shoulders were badly bruised and they ached. But that wasn't my main problem right now. My focus was to find Chou Tzuyu I fast as I could.

On the kitchen floor, I found Tzuyu, her tanned skin slowly losing it's pigment."TZUYU!" I screamed out of horror, as I tried to control my breathing."No, wake up!" I yelped like a female lead straight out of a movie.

Grabbing my phone as fast as I could, I dialed her cousin, Mark Tuan's number."Please pick up, please pick up" I pleaded softly, continuously switching my vision from the girl on the floor to the device in my hand.

Within seconds, I carried her to my car, and started up the engine. Careful not to violate any traffic rules, I swerved through many vehicles on the road. Mark Tuan hadn't answered the ringing phone yet, which was scaring me.

Seeing a stretcher in the entrance of the hospital and a few doctors, I rambled about what had happened to my best friend. They widened their eyes and immediately accepted her into a room. I saw the hospital staff run around the place, taking tools and health devices to the ward Tzuyu was being kept in.

Out of stress, I passed out on a nearby chair.

*****

"Miss?" I felt someone lightly shaking me. Recollecting what happened a few hours ago, I jerked up on my seat."Where is she?" I asked, mentioning Tzuyu. The nurse who woke me up smiled.

"She is fine, she just needs some rest and she'll be discharged in 24 hours, as we need to monitor her health after what she has gone through." I nodded my head in understanding, as the nurse left me and I quickly went on my phone.

A few minutes later, a doctor came up to me and motioned for me to go somewhere private."Yes Doc?" I asked as he worriedly looked at me. Something was not right."Your friend, we noticed something different in her blood. Her heart was beating abnormally and she had a few changes in her body. We believe she ingested food poisoning."

Food poisoning? I thought. Suddenly, something clicked in my head."I have to go Doctor" I said, as I raced out of the hospital. I got into my car and drove to Tzuyu's house.

*****

As I opened the door, an unfamiliar note caught my eye. I cautiously made my way to the table and grabbed the note and read it.

I warned you, didn't I? Look whose friend is in the hospital now.

____________________

Hello! Sorry for the late update! I tried making this chapter a bit intense to get into the aura of the book! Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me! Saranghae, my readers!-Emi