1

Jennie POV

"Ah, I'm so sorry, but I'm really uncomfortable with these terms, I'm sorry, I hope you understand?" I asked, as the customer shook his head and smiled. Grabbing his order, he walked out of the cafe, making the door chime.

Taking a deep breath, I leaned back on the counter and closed my eyes for a few seconds."Let me guess, you rejected another man?" my co-worker asked, and I nodded yes, while taking my hand and tiredly sliding it down my face.

It was true, most of the male customers that came to the cafe I worked for asked my number or wanted to take me out on a date. I'd just kindly decline, trying so hard to not hurt their feelings. Not that I was taken, though. In actuality, I was a single pringle, ready to mingle.

Relationships were just really, well, not my thing. That too, I'd rather be in a relationship with a male I've known for quite awhile. With only an overprotective brother at home, I had to take responsibilities on my own after my parents passed away. It was hard, being 14 and my brother 16 when they slipped away from our life.

Never the less, we both had a few good friends to rely on when times were hard. You can imagine my brother being protective after there were no adults to take care of us. My brother, Taehyung, pitched in for money and got a job, while I volunteered and took a hiring opportunity at my favourite cafe.

I was now 20, and all that hard work really shaped me. But not even the toughest of the tough people could hold in their emotions. There were days when I'd stay locked up in my room, curled up in a ball, and crying a mess, letting all my feelings pour out. Sometimes I just couldn't accept the fact that my parents died because of a car crash. And I promise you, if I'd ever find that driver that was speeding and killed my parents, I would have no mercy, and I'd kill that guy with my bare hands.

My life was that messed up.

I shook my head and continued taking in orders from customers, while scampering around the place, shouting out orders and hold delicious goodies."Latte for 'Jeon Jungkook'" I called out, and a man with dark hair and a mask came up to the counter, bowed, and took his drink out. Well at least he didn't ask for my number. I smiled and got back to work.

Jeon Jungkook, huh? I thought, and remembered about the guy that I met a few days ago, introduced by my brother. I watched him walk along the parking lot and get into his Range Rover."Expensive car, check" I mumbled to myself.

____________________

Hello! This is the first update of my first actual book! Tell me how you like the writing style and I hope you enjoyed reading it! Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me! Saranghae, my readers!-Emi