4

Jennie POV

I couldn't sleep. The text message from last night was keeping me up at night. How could a simple text accurately display my thoughts? Taehyung always told my that he worked at a car repair place, but the product of his look when he came home did not match the workings of his job.

Usually, he'd have scratches on his arms and legs, with a bit of wet blood along the scars. My brother would tell me it's from the sharp parts of the cars and tools he works with, but he forgot that I can see through him. All that I knew was that I'd stay out of his business and he'd stay out of mine. His personality changed ever since he started working. His mood, schedule, body, everything. 

My phone beeped, signalling another message. Who sends texts at 8 in the morning? Nevertheless, I lazily picked up my phone and scanned through the notifications.

Hey Jennie, wanna meet at the park? See you at 3pm!

I widened my eyes at the text and I screamed when I saw the messenger.

Jeon Jungkook.

That guy? Barely anyone takes an interest in me. Great, 7 hours to get ready. Perfect. Just the thing I needed right after getting no shut-eye. Plopping down on the toilet seat, I scanned a few outfits online that shot out the iconic hot summer girl vibe.

Welp, just might do with my clothes in the closet. Taking a shower, I put on my clothes and looked at my reflection in the mirror. A red crop top with frills at the bottom and trendy black jean shorts fit today's mood.

Looking at my clock, it was already 12 pm."Drat" I muttered, racing downstairs and grabbing a few cookies and an apple."Morning, bro" I told my brother."Morning, by the way, did you get a message from Jungkook?" he asked, taking me by surprise.

"Uh, yes, why?"

"Oh good, I mean, like he told me so, yeah" he said, turning his attention back to his phone. I eyed him suspiciously." Cool, cool" I said, running out of the door. Running in my white sneakers, I made my way to the park.

There was Jungkook, standing with a single rose. Which was a sweet thing to do, considering that we just met and he already had manners."Hi!" I said, trying my best to not take him by surprise."Oh hello!" he smiled back. Without even discussing, we started walking on the concrete sidewalk.

"So, why'd you call me?" I asked him.

"Eh, I just wanted to know you better, and have some company." he replied.

"Bro, I can relate to that. Wanna get lattes?"

"You bet I would."

*****

Jungkook and I were laughing, ranting about our lives, families, and anything you could think of."Yeah, like, I can't believe he'd actually-" I was cut of by a cellphone ringing."Hold on, I'll be back" Jungkook said, taking is phone and going to the corner of the cafe.

"Right now? Yep, good thing I called her, ok sounds good, I'll come" he ended the call and came back to the table."Sorry Jen, I gotta go!"

"No no it's fine!" I exclaimed, as he smiled and left the cafe.

"Bye!" I said waving to him, while thinking about who could have called him.

____________________

Hello! I'm sorry I took so long to update, my class is having ideas for my graduation! Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me! Saranghae, my readers!-Emi