6

Jennie POV

The person who kept sabotaging my best friend made my life a hell hole. The attacker just wouldn't leave us alone! There wasn't a day where Chou Tzuyu was not involved in some stupid crap.

After a week of strange incidents, I made a decision that I would stay at Tzuyu's house until the attacks stopped. 

I had already moved in this morning, and by the time we were done unpacking, it was 6 in the evening. Looking at my watch, I see that it's already 8 pm. Tzuyu was fast asleep on her bed, lightly snoring every now and then.

I jumped on my newly set bed I dozed off, my body aching from all the work today.

*****

I woke up hours later to screams. Jerking up, I tried scanning the room with my half-opened eyes. I saw a dark silhouette trying to grab Tzuyu. I swiftly made my way to her and attacked the person holding her. The mysterious person lost balance and fell to the floor. Before I could figure out what was happening, the person vanished.

Hearing soft cries, I snapped back to reality and saw the female covering up her face."Tzuyu, are you okay? It's me, don't worry!" I told my best friend, and she fell into my arms."Calm down, breathe in and out" I instructed, as she obeyed."Tell me what's wrong?" I asked.

"I-I was s-sleeping, a-and someone j-just grabbed me! I was scared to death!" she sobbed into my shoulder, and I looked around. The door of the bedroom was open. Once Tzuyu had quieted down and fallen asleep, I slowly tiptoed to the door. Flinging it open, I saw the rug had a few stains here and there. I saw the front door open, meaning someone had come in. Both Tzuyu and I were too tired to perform the daily safety checks, including locking the door. 

I sighed and went to lock it. Looking outside, I saw the sun slowly rising up the horizon. There was no point in me sleeping now, so I might as well as get ready. Making sure Tzuyu was comfortable in her bed, I took a step back and looked at her. She looked like a human burrito because of all the blankets I had wrapped around her. I smiled at the thought and went back into the living room.

I made a quick but filling breakfast and arranged it on plates for Tzuyu. I headed out the door for my job, not forgetting to lock the door.

*****

"Order for Jung Chin-hae!"I called out, and a quirky guy in his early 20's made is way to the barista counter.

"Care to give me your number?" he asked smirking, and I rolled my eyes. He was wearing a Rolex watch, with ripped jeans and a shirt from Prada. Practically every female customer except one was drooling over him."Sorry, but that order isn't listed in the menu." I said, and from my peripheral vision, I could see the smirk on his face wash away.

A girl around my age rushed to the counter and hauled him back."By the way, nice kick back. Thank you for taking down my brother's ego by a few notches, I'm fed up with his attitude!" she exclaimed, as I just chuckled and shook my head.

"No, it's fine, I experience this almost everyday. Bye!" I waved to the pair, as the female dragged her brother out of the cafe.

"Ayo, you never told me you had that type of charisma" my co-worker, Jiwoo, nudged my side."You're right, I barely show off that side!" I exclaimed, as we laughed it off. A familiar chime was heard, signalling that a customer had come in.

My eyes searched the crowd and spotted Jeon Jungkook. I raised my eyebrows in light confusion and continued to do my work. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see another customer come up to his table, a male to be exact. The two men looked as if they were whispering, and out of the blue, the man pulled out a folded envelope while Jungkook nodded his head. Their brief session lasted only a few minutes but I could tell it was an important one. 

The two guys walked out of the cafe and when to the back corner, where it was dark and scrappy. I told one of the staff members I was gonna take a quick check outside the cafe. Placing my apron and hat on the coat hook, I dashed outside and looked to the corner.

I tried to distinguish who was with Jungkook, but the guy was all covered up. Smart move. I thought and continued to spy on them.

"Thanks hyung, it's good that I always distract her, or this would be impossible!" Jungkook exclaimed. Who does he distract? What the heck? The questions lingered in my head.

"Yep, you're right, rock bottom. Does she know?" A gruff male voice replied to him.

Shock was written on my face as my mind started to figure out the voice. Taehyung. Kim Freaking Taehyung. My brother was having a deal with him. Sounded like a spy movie. 

Trying to swiftly yet silently go back to the cafe, my foot stepped on a used cigarette. Drat, I thought these things only happen in movies! Making my run, I rushed into the cafe doors like a whirling tornado.

"Woah, calm down, Kim, your shift hasn't ended yet" a staff member said, and when her back turned to me, I just stuck out my tongue like a 5 year old who had a tantrum with a parent. I huffed and went back to my job and continued my daily shift of calling out food orders.

*****

"Hey Taehyung" I greeted the face that popped out behind the door." I'm still staying with Tzuyu, but I need to talk to you about something" I stated, and my brother widened his eyes."O-Oh okay come in..." his voice trailed off, and I stepped into the room.

Nothing had changed, despite the fact that I was gone for 2 weeks. Making myself comfortable on a soft chair, I gestured Taehyung to the sofa and he immediately sat down."What did you wanna talk about, sis?" he questioned, and I sighed and began my story.

"So, for the past few days, I mean, for a few weeks, you know how Jungkook and I would go to places? He, you know, just stopped! You are close with him, and I was hoping if you could check up with him?" I asked my brother and he nodded his head, understanding.

"S-Sure I'll do that" he assured me. I looked at him suspiciously, for he wasn't his usual self. Not that he was totally different, but that he wasn't being truthful to me. Something was going on between Taehyung and Jungkook and I'd have to find out.

I don't back down easily.

____________________

Hello! Gosh, I didn't update for a week! I was thinking of writing double updates! Stay tuned! Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me! Saranghae, my readers!-Emi