8

Taehyung POV

As Jungkook and I walked into the the building of our mafia headquarters, we could see everyone cleaning up and getting treated. Some people were having snacks and some were taking a rest.

I knocked on a specific door."Come in" someone answered, and both of us went in.

"Ay, what's up, my bros?" Jin asked. He was our team mate, but he had the qualities of being the leader."Listen, hyung, you're not gonna like this but, Taeyong just blackmailed us" Jungkook told him.

Jin sat up straight and told us to fill him in on all the information."Wait, hold up, so you're saying that you have to work for Taeyong, stay with our mafia group, just to make sure Taehyung's sister doesn't find out what you two do?" he asked.

Oh dear, I hope he doesn't go ballistic. I thought.

"That's fine by me" he answered, taking Jungkook and I aback."The only thing you need to make sure is that nothing happens to our group, I'll have to explain this to everyone. But in return, I'll help you keep it a secret. Got it?" he told us, and for a second, I couldn't process what just happened.

"Y-Yeah, sure" I said, snapping out of my trance.

The ride home was silent the whole time.

*****

"So, um, hyung" Jungkook asked me as I dropped him off at his apartment,"do you trust me in keeping your sister safe?"

I raised my eyebrow in confusion and smirked when realisation hit me."Why, does my man have crush on Jennie Kim?" I said, and he blushed furiously.

"N-No, I mean, k-kinda, I mean, gosh I don't know!" he yelped, making me laugh.

"Bro" I told him, getting out of the car and putting my hand on his shoulder,"I trust you in any circumstance" I reassured and he sighed.

"By the way, you have the characteristics of my sister's ideal type of man" I winked at him and drove off.

*****

Jungkook POV

What the hell was that? I asked myself after I entered my living room. Great, now Taehyung knows that I like his sister, what if he tells her?

No, he wouldn't, he's my best friend after all. Best friends don't tell other people their secrets...but the do like to embarrass each other. Oh god, I should have never told him! Maybe taking a walk outside would help. I thought as I grabbed my keys and my phone. Locking my apartment door, a cool breeze hit me as I came into contact with the world.

It was 9 in the night, and the number of cars on the road decreased as many people were going home. The city lights were turned on and a few people walked on the sidewalks, probably taking a late night stroll, like me.

It was the beginning of summer, yet the nights were always cool and breezy. I made my way to the cafe where Jennie worked, and decided to help myself to a snack. The door chimed as I stepped in, and to my surprise there were about 20 customers seated.

And then I saw her. Jennie. In her job uniform and right behind the counter. I didn't think she noticed me so I decided to order my snack."Hi, what would you like to order?" she asked, looking into the keypad."What's your best option?" I told her, and she stared up at me in surprise.

*****

Jennie POV

"Jungkook?" I looked at the smiling guy in front of me."What are you doing here?" I asked him, trying to hide my now pink face."Just for a stroll, and I just saw you were still working here. By the way, you still didn't answer my question!" he reminded me, making me chuckle.

"The Mocha Latte is the best for a late night drink!" I advised him."Sure, I'd like two please, bring them to my table once your shift is over" he told me and he sat at a nearby table. Did he just invite me to a drink with him? My lips curved up as I smiled, and I hurriedly took orders.

*****

Once I was done, I took off my apron, grabbed my bag, and took the two drinks in my hand."Hi, I'm sorry, did I make you wait long?" I asked Jungkook, as I sat in a chair. He looked up from his phone and put it in his pocket, and then proceeded to smile again. That smile was so precious, I hoped it would stay there forever.

"No, it's fine, I didn't know this cafe could be so busy at a time like this!" he exclaimed."Yep, that's why some shifts happen at 3 in the morning" I explained and he nodded his head.

"Anyway, thanks for treating my wounds earlier today" he thanked me."Oh, no problem, I was actually glad that you guys came, I get bored easily at home when I'm not on my shift and Taehyung goes to his car repair place to work" I justified.

"Meh, what can I say, as soon as you start a family, at least you get to be with someone" Jungkook joked and I laughed."That's true, by the way, have you ever been in a relationship?" I asked him. He held his chest in a playful manner.

"Hello? Have you not seen this?" he gestured to his body, making me laugh more."Nah, never been in one, how about you?"

"Same here!" I said. It was almost 10 pm, and our drinks were nearly empty."Let's go?" I signalled to the door, and Jungkook got up to walk with me.

The sky was a beautiful shade of a navy blue and no one was around. Jungkook and I walked beside each other, as we chatted, and the whole night was romantic and peaceful, until Jungkook dropped me off at the shared home of my brother and I."See ya, I guess" he waved and I waved back, watching his broad form slowly disappear into the night.

I shook my head and smiled, Cupid was really playing a game with, huh? Before I could unlock the door, I was grabbed by my head. A hand was put over my mouth to prevent me from screaming. I jerked back and forth, trying to break free.

And I finally saw my attacker."Fiesty girl, aren't you?" the guy asked."Leave alone what do you want!" I barked.

"Careful little one, that tone could result in Tzuyu being in danger" he snapped and I froze. So he was the one making my best friend suffer.

"The name's Taeyong, Lee Taeyong" he told me, before pushing me hard to make me fall, and then strutting away.

I started crying for several minutes, not because of the pain, but because I knew my life was in danger now.

____________________

Hello! Wattpad was glitching badly, and deleted this whole chapter and published it, and I had to write all over again! Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me! Saranghae, my readers!-Emi