11

Jennie POV

Lee Taeyong was standing a few meters away from me, unaware that I was staring at him. I felt a light tap on my hand, and with a mild shriek, I look back to see Tzuyu looking at me with a slightly confused face.

"U-Uh, I'm feeling a bit hungry, let's go home and make some ramen" I stuttered and looked over my shoulder. Which was a dumb thing to do, for the fact that Taeyong was looking right at us, with a smirk on his face. I must have caught his attention when I screamed.

I grabbed Tzuyu and darted to the nearest exit of the mall, yet I felt a stare trailing down my back as I ran. As we stopped at the parking lot to recover, Tzuyu finally stated,"Girl, we legit just drank almost a LITER of boba, and now you want noodles? Your metabolism sure is up to something."

I didn't want to add more details to clutter up the confusion, so I stayed silent during the ride home.

*****

"We're back!" I shouted, trudging through the mess of my living room."Taehyung?" I looked around the place and saw no sign of my brother. Seriously? What on Earth makes him so busy that he can't stay at home for even 2 hours? I thought while I set down my bag and called Tzuyu to come inside.

"You know the drill, if it's only me and you, then it's certainly movie time!" I cheered and quickly changed to some grey sweatpants and a brown cropped hoodie."Uh, hello? Mind helping?" I asked a thinking Tzuyu, who was staring at the ground.

"H-Huh? Yeah, uh, sorry" she mumbled, snapping out of her trance."Nope, actually, go sit down, I'll prepare everything in a jiffy" I said, changing my mind."Besides, you don't look ok, so we gotta talk." I grabbed a packet of ramen and started a conversation with the girl sitting on a chair."Spill the beans" I told her,"Now."

Tzuyu sighed and started talking."You know how I've tried to date?" I nodded my head yes."Well I was thinking maybe you could set me up with..." she trailed off.

"Why you hesitating? C'mon, tell me" I urged.

"I was thinking of a date with Jungkook"

I looked at her with disbelief, hoping from the bottom of my heart that she was joking. To my dismay, her face showed none of it."Uh ok, yeah, sure, I guess" I said, and I couldn't help but add a bit of disappointment and jealousy in my voice and expression.

How could she? Tzuyu had seen me a lot around Jungkook, I thought she had already guessed that I liked him, and here she is, hoping for a date with him. Was it wrong to introduce the two to each other? No, I was being selfish, he wasn't mine, anyway.

"I freaking knew it!" Tzuyu suddenly exclaimed, startling me."You knew what?" I asked confused.

"Don't think I'm dumb" she said.

"Girl, what do you mean!?"

"I mean that Jennie Kim has a mega crush on Jeon Jungkook!"

I froze. How could I have forgotten, this girl can pull serious pranks on anyone. I slowly got up. Tzuyu got the memo and started running, as I chased her around the table, laughing.

"No, but still, how did you know?" I questioned once we had finally calmed down."Ms. Girl, I'm your best friend how would I NOT know?" she said with her hands on her hips. I shrugged and fell on the sofa with the TV remote in my hands.

As soon as I turned it on, a news channel popped up, with a reporter speaking live."Recently, two men have been reported entering a high tech building, belonging to none other than Lee Taeyong."

Him? I thought. How popular is he that he appears on live TV!?

"Lee Taeyong may not be a familiar name, but he was famous for stalking down and killing South Korea's most famous finance broker, Han Gae Woo."

Oh, didn't that happen when I was still in the US?

Before I could realise, the channel switched to a blurry picture of two dark silhouettes. Using the remote, I zoomed in on the TV and squinted my eyes, trying to recognise the figures.

That hair and body structure... isn't that... Taehyung... and... who the heck is that with him- oh, it's... Jungkook?

I widened my eyes realising that the two people I loved- I mean, my brother who I loved and his best friend- were the ones entering that building!

I stared with shock as the channel switched to a meteorologist, who immediately started talking.

"Whatcha lookin' at?" a voice said behind me. I let out a yelp and saw Tzuyu, slurping ramen."Seriously, why do I keep screaming today?" I mumbled to myself as I grabbed something out of the refrigerator.

Jungkook POV

The door chimed as I headed into the little cafe Jennie worked in, hoping to see her. Unfortunately, the atmosphere showed no signs of the gorgeous woman I was looking for. I sat at a nearby empty table and took my phone out. I started to rapidly spam Taehyung with messages, including; HYUNG you said that Jennie would be here ; I came all the way here just to talk to her ; How could you betray me like that!?

While I was frantically texting him, I didn't notice the small TV in the upper corner of the cafe. A reporter was talking about something which I didn't understand, but I looked up when I heard a familiar name; Lee Taeyong.

Someone had captured us entering his building, and I knew we'd get in trouble if someone recognised us. I swiftly exited the cafe and leaned against the outside wall, thinking about what we'd do now.

"Why the rush boy?"

A blonde strode up to me and I identified her as the girl Jennie fought with days back. I kept quiet, trying not to make it seem like I was paying attention to her."Did that Jennie girl do something to you?" she asked, putting my chin up with her hand.

"No, and leave me alone" I said annoyed.

"Aw, why you getting mad? At least I'm here now" the girl said slyly with a small smirk on her face.

"Didn't you hear me? Get away!" I was trying to stop myself from cursing.

"Fine then, I guess I've gotta" she said, and in a flash, she grabbed my hands and forcefully laid them right beneath her collarbone. I gasped in shock and tried to wriggle free from her grip, but she was as strong as an ox.

After mere seconds that felt like ages, she finally let go of my hands with a satisfied smirk."You can't say that you didn't touch me" she said with a wink and a bit of triumph in her voice, as she walked back to the cafe.

I was devastated as I thought, What have I done?

____________________

Hello! Gosh, it's been a long time since I updated, almost three months, and I'm so sorry for that! Plus, I have a little question, do you guys think that I write short and bland chapters? Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me! Saranghae, my readers!-Emi