Wedding Ceremony

November 8th

Zara

I woke up around 3 in the morning, feeling weary from the excessive overthinking I did all night. The birds were chirping their peaceful and lovely songs, the sun was shining with all it's glory. Suddenly my alarm goes off and I slap it to turn it off . I grab my phone to check the time. It was 7AM. Atleast i was lucky enough to catch a few hours of sleep because I had a big day ahead of me.

I was so drained and depressed that I couldn't even realize and appreciate the beautiful weather, even the clear blue sky couldn't raise my spirits.

That day our family was attending a Christian wedding ceremony. We belong to a Muslim family, but my aunt married a Christian man and it was their son's wedding. He lived abroad - but my aunt wanted a wedding in Pakistan so that she could have the whole family with her. She always dreamed to see her son getting married in front of her eyes and that dream was coming true. I was happy for her, truly.

I was more excited for Aazan than the wedding itself. Aazan is my aunt's friend's son. I've had a crush on him since I saw him at a Christmas party which my aunt threw a year back. We never interacted with one another because I was way too shy to start a conversation, and of course he never noticed me either.

I was determined to catch his eye so I decided that today I had to look gorgeous . I was going to try my best to keep my mind occupied and not think about what happened at that place.

I took the blanket off of me and with great effort and will, walked towards my wardrobe, I took out a beige sleeveless jumpsuit and paired the jumpsuit with same color pointed heels, then opted for a black color clutch - I couldn't decide which earrings I should wear between the pearl one's or the hoop one's, so I decided to get to them later on.

Suddenly a voice came from downstairs which made me flinch and I had gotten goosebumps all over me, after a moment I realized it was my mother yelling from downstairs.

"Zara! Zara wake up!"

"I'm up mum!" I yelled back at her.