Part 2

18th Birthday

     School finished, I made sure to run quickly to a spot I chose a few days before. It was on the outskirts of the town's graveyard. I don't know why but I was aiming for the graveyard but while walking back from the graveyard I came across a tree where three trunks intertwined creating a rambunctious and gargantuan tree of mystical sorts. I honestly at the time didn't know why I chose there though. Remember at this point in my magic endeavours I was still feeling that magic was more a show and illusion than actual magic. I wanted to believe but so many things in society told me magic was a fake thing created for children. I still wasn't sure where I stood on this.

     I get to the graveyard's fence and walk along it. I must make sure to be quick, I can't keep mother dearest waiting. After a few paces I finally see the hulking tree. I walk to the trunk and place my fingers on the trunk and move along it for a moment and just calm myself.

      Okie dokie, I unshoulder my pack and unzip the main pouch, pulling out a book with no cover just blank. This was an old occult spell book I found in the local used bookstore. It had things I couldn't find on the internet, bizarre spells and just pure oddities throughout. I open the book to the dog-eared part (so sue me) and kneel to a criss-crossed position. I gently lay the book down in front of me.

"Contagion Monstrum Spell of Visibility:

Dear wily wizard this spell is a doozy please use extreme caution, ***may result in certain death!

As well note the lack of herbs or organic ingredients, this spell is one of a kind!!!

                                      Components:

         *An Athame (or literally any knife that has not been used before)

      *Three Grey Candles (for cancellation of the Monstrum's Magic)

         *And something that can ZAP (Not too much though)

           To Conjure the Beasts, you must open your THIRD eye. We seek the power of Clairvoyance. Once the spell is complete you will never be able to return to your normal vision. You will forever be able to see the bleak underside to the world you once knew.

                               To Begin;

 *Light the three grey candles in front of you about two fistfuls apart

*Place this book centered in between the three candles evenly

*Hold your Athame in your prominent hand

*Begin to read the spell

*at the end of the spell, ZAP your Athame and point it in front of you

*Stand up and ready yourself to see the truth

*Monstrum's vary in strength from a common cold to cancerous insidious beast

*prepare to defend yourself!

*And if you are still alive after this point welcome to your new world

                        The Words;

*W'rld of whimsy, Full of Woe

   *Take thine Vision, Wholesome Ghost

  *Open thine Third Eye, This I Sowe

*Nev'r to beest undone, I Becometh Host

 ZAP The Athame*

 Good Luck Warlock!"

      And there you have it, I prepared everything hastily; candles lit, book neatly placed, Athame in my left hand, and lastly an electric prod (that I purchased sadly from a farming shop in town.) in my right hand. I sat for a moment in contemplation then began the chant.

     "World of whimsy, full of woe" Nothing happened.

     "Take thine vision, wholesome ghost" Still nothing.

      "Open thine third eye, this I sow" I could feel as though static energy started engulfing the atmosphere.

      "Never to be undone, I become host" The air felt thicker, I raise my right hand and pull the trigger on the prod, zapping the kitchen knife I purchased from a dollar store.

      The knife illuminates the entire area, the air heavy, a flash of light shoots forward making impact with the grandfathered tree. Now this is where everything changed for me.

       The tree bark began peeling uncovering a vicious beast, crawling on all fours, the beast scowled then turned and jumped towards me. I had no time to react as the Monstrum toppled me, the monster opened its mouth and then I felt my life begin to sway away from me. The next few seconds were black, I had died. I saw a black plane with a white horizon, I just waited as my body was slowly dissipating. Then Atreyu came to me where I was, we couldn't speak words, yet we knew what we both wanted to say. He told me I am capable of many things, and he has been watching over me.

        I am in my body again, and Atreyu is in front of me. They both locked eyes in a unseen battle. A spark shot out of thin air in between them both, then the beast ran back to the tree and squished himself through small cracks in the trunk. From then on Atreyu and I had a budding friendship, but even more importantly a strong partnership.