twenty three

Written on 29/6/21, WC: 1149

-

[ 2nd Person POV ]

"Grelle!" You called from the other side of the dressing room door. Said woman has not left the room for the past five minutes, saying that she could not be seen wearing such a thing. "No, (Y/N)! I look hideous!" She replied quietly from her side.

You scoffed, "I'm sure anything you wear will look fabulous on you! Just show it to us?" You asked softly. You knew pressuring her would not help. Claire stood next to you, knocking on the door gently. "Sweetie, if you don't like it, I can go get you a new outfit. But you have to show it to us first,"

Grelle sighed. "Promise you won't laugh?"

"Promise~!" Claire answered for you. The door slowly peeled back, revealing a cherry-red haired lady, wearing a yellow halter top and a pair of flare pants. The yellow had a gold-like shimmer under the light. Grelle also wore a pair of heeled boots, making the already-tall reaper, even taller.

"Ooh!" You said, admiring the sparkles. It certainly suited her; what was the problem?

Grelle groaned, "I know! I look hideous!"

You tilted your head questionably. "You look amazing, Grelle! What's the matter?" Grelle pouted and gestured to her entire outfit.

"Nothing! Is! Red!"

Claire howled with laughter, causing Grelle's frown  to deepen. "You promised not to laugh!" Claire's laughter only grew and Grelle gave you a pleading look.

Claire wiped a tear from her eye, "Your only concern was wanting to have red?!" She asked in disbelief. Grelle nodded as she crossed her arms. "What? It's a valid concern!"

Claire giggled and patted Grelle's back as she turned the reaper to face the large mirror on the wall. "Do you like the outfit? We can swap the top for a red version."

Grelle hummed, twirling around to get a better look at herself. "Yeah! It's not bad,"

You accidentally snorted; a consequence from trying to keep your laugh in. "On second thought.. She looks like she's going to the disco.."

Claire gasped, covering Grelle's ears, trying to shield her from your words. "(Y/N)! That's inappropriate!"

Needless to say, Claire hated discos. You never found out exactly why; you just happened to find out her burning hatred for it by accident. A disco song came on the radio many years ago while Claire was sewing in her workshop as you did your homework next to her. Claire immediately dropped the needle and started to curse in rapid French.

When you tried to ask her why, she always shot you down with the same answer: "Discos should burn in hell."

Your conclusion: when trying to annoy Claire, bring up discos. It was sure to get a reaction out of her.

Grelle gave you an odd look, as if saying 'What?'. You shook your head sideways and giggled, "You know it's true, Claire."

Claire huffed and looked away from you. "I hate it when you're right." She pulled a pair of patchwork jeans from the rack next to her, scanning it for Grelle's favourite colour. "Ah! Patchwork jeans with scraps of red fabric,"

She pulled out another clothing hanger, a babydoll deep red tank top attached to it. The red shimmered beautifully under the light. It was lined with lace of the same colour, the two ends meeting at a V-shape of where the wearer's cleavage would be. It looked soft, as if it was made out of silk.

Claire showed the two pieces to Grelle, "Is this better?"

Grelle's eyes sparkled as she clapped her hands together. "Oh, that's perfect!" She happily grabbed the outfit and dashed back inside the dressing room. You could hear the quick ruffle of clothing as she rushed to change.

Grelle was out in less than five minutes, a smile that stretched from ear-to-ear on her face. Claire winced, "Ooh.. That must hurt if she ever bites her tongue.." She said quietly and you had to stifle a laugh. She had a point. You nudged her elbow, "Free tongue piercing, am I right?"

Grelle spun around confidently, not even trying to hide the fact that she was checking herself out in the mirror. "Oh, this is perfect!" She exclaimed. Ronald whistled, "Looking good, Grelle!"

She giggled and curtsied politely. "Thank you!"

Claire nodded approvingly and pointed at the last of the younger reapers - Ronald. "Your turn!" She said with a grin. Claire rubbed her hands together like earlier, a plan undoubtedly in her mind.

••

"I'm not sure if I even put this on correctly..." Ronald muttered as he stepped out of the dressing room.

Similar to William's outfit, he had a button up top. However, his top had a floral pattern to it and was short-sleeved. Claire had noted that it was inspired by her friend's wallpaper. Just the thought of it made you cringe. Not that you hated flowers, but the mere thought of a floral wallpaper seemed.. A little too over the top.

Accompanied with Ronald's top were a pair of cargo shorts; in the colour of beige rather than black like William's. Were they considered pants? We don't really know.

Ronald shifted uncomfortably from the material of the cargo shorts. It felt unfamiliar to him. In a sense, he felt what William had felt earlier on; the sense of oddity of wearing something other than his formal suit. Sure, he had other clothing - but it was never something as casual as this.

Ronald left the top two buttons open, giving whoever that glanced at him to catch a glimpse of his well-toned chest. Despite being a reaper, he still kept in shape, claiming that it would help him 'attract' the ladies.

Well, damn.. He was right.

You could not get your eyes off him. More like his figure, though. There was no point in denying that Ronald was attractive.

Claire wrapped an arm around your shoulder, leaning you against her as she hummed. "What do you think, my dear (Y/N)?"

Her actions startled you and broke your fixation on Ronald's physique. You coughed awkwardly, glancing briefly at his overall look and darted your eyes towards the window; anything to keep your eyes off him. How incredibly embarrassing it would be, if he had noticed!

"He looks like.. He's going to the beach," You replied slowly. Ciel made a sound of agreement. "A bit too casual, is it?" He asked.

Claire shrugged, "There's no dress-codes here anyway. People wear what they want, as long as they're not naked-"

Grelle made a squeal as she wiggled and wrapped her arms around herself. "I saw a topless man jogging earlier as we drove! He was so dreamy..." She cooed to herself. Claire laughed and pointed at Grelle. "See what I mean?" She replied to Ciel.

Ciel rolled his eyes dismissively. "How inappropriate..."