nineteen

A/N: there seems to be some confusion about the ages of the characters, so let me clear it up just in case y'all are worried abt it being.. inappropriate :-)

(Y/N) - 20 years old
Ciel - 22 years old
Alois - 23 years old
Others (Sebastian, Undertaker etc) - appearing about ~25 years old in looks

Written on 4/6/21, WC: 1053

-

[ 2nd Person POV ]

"WAAAA, NOW I'M BROKE!" The Undertaker wailed, passing his last 100-Monopoly Dollar bill to Sebastian, who just smirked and shook the wad of fake-cash in front of the Undertaker. "The scent of success is sweet,"

"Do you accept bankruptcy?" You asked amusedly. You were playing as the banker in this round, not wanting to get caught between the crossfire of yelling Victorians. It hadn't gone well in the first round.

The Undertaker shook his head sideways, "Never! I still have three more properties." He said determinedly, wanting to win. You chuckled, "Okay then,"

Ciel rolled his dice. The face with four dots faced-up. Four spaces. Ciel looked at the Undertaker, an evil glint in his eye. "Make that two more properties."

The Undertaker sighed, accepting defeat. He hesitantly took the piece that made the property his, replacing it with Ciel's.  "(Y/N)!" He cried, crocodile-tears streaming down his cheeks as he wrapped his arms around you. You frowned, patting his back softly. "There, there.. It's just a game.."

Ciel and Sebastian turned to each other, a knowing look in both of their eyes. "We have to destroy him." Ciel whispered. Sebastian nodded, "Understood."

"Sebastian, your time to roll the dice." You said, though your voice was slightly muffled from being buried in the Undertaker's embrace. Sebastian took the dice from the centre of the Monopoly board gently. He had a trick up his sleeve. "Gladly."

Sebastian tossed the dice up in the air, an obvious attempt at showing off. As if in slow-motion, the dice fell back onto the board, taking its own sweet time and bounced; eventually the face with five dots faced upwards. Five spaces.

Sebastian grinned. "One more property left," He said as he swapped Undertaker's counter with his. "NOOOOOOOO!" The Undertaker cried, burying himself into your neck as he sobbed. You sighed, "Over-dramatic Victorian,"

The Undertaker composed himself, taking a deep breath as he picked up the dice on the board. He shook it vigorously, as if that would help his probabilities. "Give me two," He whispered to the dice. Two spaces was all he needed, so that he could reach the starting line and receive two hundred Monopoly Dollars.

He threw it upwards. As the dice gracefully fell backwards, you caught the smallest speck hitting the dice from the right, making it shift slightly. The dice landed on the board. One space.

Damn it. It was Ciel's property.

"You're out." Ciel announced, a smug look on his face. He glanced at Sebastian, who frowned mockingly. "Oh no. Good game, Undertaker."

Ciel swapped the counter with his own, handing the Undertaker back his own counter. The Undertaker sighed, falling to the floor and laid in a heap of giggles. "Good game~!"

You passed the box holding the remaining of the Monopoly Dollars to the Undertaker, "Here, you can be banker. I want to take a break." The dazed Undertaker gave you a sloppy thumbs-up, still giggling on the floor. Pure ecstasy behind those green eyes of his; he was truly entertained.

As you walked past Sebastian, you pinched his cheek and pulled him closer. "Don't think that I didn't see your little stunt there," You whispered and let go of him as soon as you said the last word. Sebastian snapped his head to you, his brow furrowed at the knowledge of you noticing. He had thought that he was slick, just like the time when he was in the circus with Ciel.

You walked into a room, a gentle smile on your face upon entering. The room was once a bedroom, but you had converted it into your somewhat gardening room. This was where the plants with the most ridiculous of needs, such as being extremely sensitive to temperature, stayed.

"Looking lively, Hank!" You greeted the first plant that came into view. Hank was a boston fern, a gift from your brother on your housewarming party. Hank had nearly died within a week under your care, since you knew nothing about plants.

Thanks to Hank, this was where your 'small' plant obsession started. It definitely was not small by any means, there were plants all over your home. Some where in the kitchen, some were in the shadier spots of the house, but the vast majority remained in your gardening room.

"Hello Ophelia!" You said cheerfully to the orchid plant. It was finally blooming, after many weeks of you almost killing it. Orchids were hard to raise. Orchids are easy to take care of! Your Singaporean friend had argued back, defending their national flower after you voiced your concerns over almost killing the orchid.

Knock
Knock
Knock

You raised an eyebrow at the window next to you. You glanced over, a raven stood behind the glass window. It stared into your eyes with so much emotion, almost human-like. You felt compelled to reach your hand out, to touch it. And so you did.

The raven hopped onto your hand with ease, a small, gurgling croak coming out from it. It sounded happy, if ravens could sound happy, that is. "Hello," You whispered softly, your other hand reaching to pat its head.

The raven took the signal and closed its eyes as your other hand rubbed against its head. It cooed, somewhat like a dove. You giggled, "Didn't know ravens could make that sound."

A knock sounded at the door of your gardening room. "(Y/N)?" The person called from the outside.  "Come in!" You called, not taking your eyes from the raven. It was so mesmerising, such beauty was unique to this bird alone.

"Is that?" The person asked, their voice more clear to you as they stood nearer to you. Their voice held curiosity, but there was something hidden behind it. Malice, perhaps?

You looked away from the raven for a second, your eyes settling on the visitor. It was Sebastian.

"An albino raven? Absolutely."