[05]

After a few weeks of their relationship, Bella was excited that she and Edward were growing even closer. Mike, however, was not very excited, and he wasn't very shy about it. In fact, he kept texting Lizzie about it, even after she asked him to stop a few hours ago. Embry and Quil were having a field day talking about the influx of notifications on her phone. 

"Seriously, Liz, who's the guy?" Quil asked, grinning from ear to ear.

"Come on, you must give it to him good for that many texts." Embry teased, earning a soccer ball to the face. Jacob scowled.

"It's Mike asking about fucking Edward. There is no guy." Lizzie explained, shaking her head and almost throwing her phone through the wall. Jacob relaxed into the couch upon hearing this news.

"Well, I guess that means you can save yourself for me." Embry remarked again, rubbing his nose. Lizzie punched him in the arm.

"In your dreams, Call." She smirked. 

Bella wasn't even at home for the moment. She told Lizzie that she was in Jacksonville, visiting her mom, but that didn't stop Mike. Elizabeth had told him time and time again to just call her, but apparently no answer means 'go bother someone else'. That was definitely what Lizzie meant by it.

"You sure you can't take me to prom, Lizzie?" Quil asked, making puppy dog eyes.

"I already promised Jake. Besides, your cousin would be so disappointed." She replied with a smile, making Jake and Embry laugh as Quil made a face.

"Aren't you supposed to be getting ready with your girl friends?" Jake asked, looking at the clock. Lizzie glanced over and shrugged. She'd just tell Jess and Angela that she was running late and had to forfeit the group makeup session.

"Probably, but I'd rather hang out with you guys." Lizzie replied with a shrug, making Embry and Quil snicker. "What?"

"You're such a dude." Embry said with a grin.

"Well that makes you pretty gay." Lizzie replied, raising her eyebrows. Jake and Quil both leaned back, cackling. "Anyways, I brought my stuff here so I don't have to stop at home." Jacob frowned.

"I could have picked you up. I kinda wanted to give you a good prom experience." He said, scratching the back of his head. He blushed a little bit, making Lizzie blush in turn.

"I appreciate it Jake, but you know I'm not much for tradition." She smiled at him appreciatively and he nodded, smiling back. Quil coughed, making sure they knew he and Embry were still there.

"Okay! We're gonna go. If you're gonna make out, please don't do it here." Embry said, standing up and dusting off his pants. Lizzie blushed again, and Jake ushered both of them out before they embarrassed anyone else further.

"Aha, sorry." Jake said sheepishly as Quil and Embry walked away cackling.

"No worries." Lizzie replied, still blushing. She had never thought about Jacob like that before. Now that they mentioned it though, he was attractive. His cheekbones, jawline, his hair... Jake cleared his throat again.

After a few moments of awkward staring, Lizzie and Jacob both agreed to get themselves ready and meet back in the garage.

Staring in the bathroom mirror, Lizzie felt her stomach churn with nerves. Her dress looked the same as it did in the store, and she pinned her hair up in a bun. She knew Jacob was never very fancy, so she didn't have to be either. Elizabeth took a deep breath, smoothed her dress before opening the door and heading to the garage.