[03]

Mr. Molina's voice echoed through the parking lot as Lizzie stood beside Angela, who was currently taking attendance as another kid collected permission slips. They were all piling onto the bus, slower than Lizzie thought was possible. Even Edward, Alice, and Jasper were there. Lizzie had only agreed to come because she wanted to help Angela get photos for the school newspaper.

Mike was currently across the parking lot asking Bella if she'd go to prom with him. Eric leaned over Lizzie's shoulder.

"How much you wanna bet she says no?" He asked. Lizzie smirked and pushed him away from her ear.

"She's going to, so there's no point." She said shaking her head. Mike's inevitably disappointed face as he walked back over revealed that she was right.

"So?" Eric asked anyways. Mike gave him a sharp look. "Whatcha doing now, playa?" Mike didn't respond, instead going over to Jessica and asking her to prom. Angela, Eric, and Lizzie all looked at each other with excitement as she said yes. Finally! Those two had massive crushes on each other the whole year, so it was about damn time.

Molina rushed them into the buses before they took off for the greenhouses.

"So, how'd you like the greenhouses?" Alice asked cheerfully as Lizzie stepped back out into the cool, open air. 

"Oh, uh, yeah. They were cool." Lizzie replied, making Alice chuckle a bit. "I mean, I don't really pay attention in biology, so it's not really my thing."

"Fair enough." Jasper agreed, nodding as they walked along toward the buses.

"Hey, uh, sorry if this is weird, but what's Edward's deal?" Lizzie asked, making Alice and Jasper exchange a look.

"What do you mean?" Alice asked.

"Well, Bella is kinda frustrated. He doesn't really answer anything she asks him and he's always kind of rude... I know he's your brother, and I'm not trying to offend you, but she's my friend, and it's really bothering her." Lizzie explained, letting out a bit of stress with her words.

"It's okay, Lizzie. You don't need to explain that you're just caring for your friend. I understand." Alice said. She didn't say anything else, and Lizzie frowned.

"You're not going to answer my other question?" She asked. Alice made a face, and Jasper cut in.

"Edward is kind of a loner. He likes Bella, he's just having a hard time... opening up." Jasper explained. Lizzie raised an eyebrow but nodded. She supposed that was a suitable explanation. Speaking of the devil, the small trio walked up as Bella and Edward were talking by the buses.

"Hi! Are you going to be riding with us?" Alice asked Bella politely.

"No. Our bus is full." Edward snapped. He slammed his fist on the door, the driver opening it up so he could stomp inside. Bella said nothing else as she walked away. Lizzie cringed at the tension, but she had no time to analyze the moment before Alice ushered her inside.

Lizzie and Bella sat down at the lunch table the next day together.

"Hey! LaPush, baby. You in?" Eric asked Bella, seemingly excited about the little plan they'd been executing. "It's still cool, right? Isn't it Jake's territory?" Eric asked Lizzie, who yawned as she nodded.

𝒔𝒊𝒍𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 ☾ 𝒑𝒂𝒖𝒍 𝒍𝒂𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒆जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें