THIRTY NINE

I don't remember falling asleep yesterday, I woke up feeling lost, not knowing what the time is or what day it is

Last night was something so different yet so exciting. Luna surprised me when she used the vibrator on me. It was a nice surprise in all honesty. I never thought she would do something like that, but she seems to surprise me everyday.

I roll my arm over to cuddle her but I'm met with an empty bed. I open my eyes and notice she's not even in the room. I start to panic, has she left?

Stretching before I get out of bed, it's only five am, why is she awake right now? I put on my boxers and walk out into the kitchen, Goose is nowhere to be seen, what is going on?

I notice the backdoor is cracked open slightly, I rub my eye as I walk over to the door. I poke my head out, noticing she's sat on my little outdoor sofa, book in her hand and Goose's head in her lap.

My heart beat returns to normal as I see her sitting there, all her focus on this one book, I wonder what one she chose.

"Morning Cherry." her head whips up at me, a huge smile spreads over her face as she looks at me, her smile does wonders to my heart, knowing that this woman loves me for me, she hasn't asked me to change.

She let me develop myself, wanting to be better not just for her but for myself. She gave me a reason to value my life. All I need to do now is tell her about Jack, and what I need to do.

"Morning baby, why are you up so early?" She closes the book and places it down under her thigh.

"I could ask you the same thing."

"Well I brought Goose to bed with me last night, then he was pacing around your room. My guess was to come outside, the sunrise looked nice so I grabbed a book and here I am."

"What book?"

She holds up A room of one's own by Virgina woolf, which was the book she was reading the second time we had met, how life works in crazy ways.

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well if one has not dined well." I quote to her, she knows what she's doing when she picks up this book.

"Exactly, come sit, watch the rest of the sunrise with us." she moves forward in order for me to sit behind her, I perch my body right behind hers, she leans back resting her body against mine.

She picks her book back up, starting to read out loud for both of us, it's soothing really. The sound of her voice, I lean my head back and close my eyes and focus on her voice and she continues to read.

I feel content right now, knowing I'm sitting with the love of my life in my garden, her reading and me just being close to her, it has me feeling different kinds of ways, my heart is full and dare I say I'm quite happy right now.

We sit outside for an hour before she decides she wants us to cook breakfast together, we both prance about my kitchen grabbing all of the ingredients for pancakes, she puts on my alexa, connecting it to her somber playlist,