Chapter 7

* LIAM'S POV *

I sit in my meeting, bored out of my brains as my Financial Advisor goes over the cost analysis of training new warriors. Unexpectedly, hope fills my chest. It dulls slightly but it still sits there. Shifting uneasily, I look down at my watch and read 12:07pm. Surely Ella is awake by now.

I mind link one of my most trusted warriors and ask him to check on the house, Ella hasn't been hopeful since she found the phone at my Beta's house.

Alpha?

Yes?

She's not here. Would you like me to follow her scent. She hasn't made it far!

Keep on her trail but do not let her know you're following. I want to see how far she'll get.

Yes Alpha.

I return my attention to the meeting, trying to keep my mind away from Ella's disobedience.

++++

The meeting drags for several hours but I make it home just as the sun is setting. I quickly eat and hydrate, before shifting into my wolf and switching out with my warrior Marco.

I follow from a distance as Ella freezes through the night. She's doing well, I'm impressed at her stamina. She hasn't stopped moving despite the fact that she's clearly freezing and dehydrated.

Occasionally she will look around for me, but it appears that she genuinely believes I haven't noticed her disappearance.

++++

Morning creaks through, my little mate looks like a dead man walking. Her human body is not intended to be on the move for so long. She sits down and it begins raining, she thirstily allows the rain to drop into her own mouth.

I intentionally step on a twig, ready for this to be over. She needs rest and to be in my arms. She'll feel better once she's with me.

She breaks out in a run - considerably fast for someone so exhausted. Unable to keep my amusement at bay, she stops. Clearly having felt my strong emotion. I don't move. This is a game of cat and mouse. I will win but I may as well give her a little more freedom.

She starts running again, this time much slower. It becomes sluggish as she falters in her step and then suddenly collapses.

I appear at her side in a second, not expecting for her to have pushed herself so far.

'Little mate, you're safe with me now.'

I carry her bridal style, and run back home. I mind link the pack doctor to meet me there.

++++

I sit across the room as the Doc checks Ella's vitals and gives her an IV to rehydrate her.

'She looks okay. Besides dehydration and exhaustion but we can fix that easily.

'Thanks Doc'

I stand and shake his hand.

'I trust this will stay confidential between the two of us. I don't need the rest of the pack hearing of their Luna's disobedience and resistance'

'Of course Alpha' he bows his head and exits hastily. Leaving me alone with my sleeping beauty.

++++

My Beta walks through the threshold of my study. I look up from my bundles of paperwork and give him a curt nod.

'What can I do for you Jimmy?'

'Just came to check up on you man. Has she woken up yet?'

'No, the doctor only left a few hours ago. I expect her to wake by tomorrow morning'

'Mates seem like hard work. Everyone in the pack is struggling this full moon'

'It's because of Ella. If she'd just fall in line, she'd be a good idol for all the other humans. I don't know how to make her submit'

'You haven't mated'

My fist comes down on the table, hard.

'THAT TOPIC DOES NOT CONCERN YOU'

Jimmy's hands come up in defence.

'I mean no disrespect, I was merely suggesting that, that might help. Maybe she'd submit if you were mated completely.'

I say nothing as my angry heart beat tries to return to normal. After a few minutes, he speaks again.

'I'm sorry, I meant no disrespect. I shall leave and check on the borders.'

With a quick head bow, he has left the room. I sign the remainder of my documents and then return to Ella.

Gently I stroke her airbrushed skin, her eyebrows are creased in frustration but they soothe under my touch. Her mind is the only thing stopping her from becoming mine. I bring my lips down to hers and kiss her mouth, her chin, her neck, her shoulder.

I can hear her heart rate pick up, the lightest of moans escapes her lips. My right hand rubs down the side of her body, massaging her and giving much attention to her tight thighs.

I feel her happiness blossom in my chest, I return to kissing her neck and her mark, eliciting another moan from her as her eyes fly open. 

A/N just a short filler chapter. Comment, vote, fan & share xx