Chapter 2- Control is Everything

Start from the beginning

"Raoul..."

"Don't ask me! You did it!" He shouts in alarm, seeing the unnatural eyes of our friend.

"I don't know what I did!"

A sudden rush of adrenaline hits me, causing me to stumble. I catch myself. Tait looks at me blankly, his expression plain. I know that he's in there, that he is just as confused as I am. His eyes still glow blue. I pull the stone from my pocket and look at it.

It is the same blue as his eyes.

"Raoul, I think I know which stone I have."

He looks at me with confusion until I show him the stone next to Tait's eyes, "Any ideas on how to let him go?"

"I figure that he's a slave to your mind. Any slave would run the second you say they can go-"

"Tait, I'm letting you go. You're free."

He doesn't react.

"Maybe you can smack him out of it." Selman says, "I mean- you did smack him into it."

"And maybe it would make it worse."

"Fine, I'll do it myself." Selman says, giving him a good smack to the head.

Tait falls to the floor. We all rush to him, flipping him onto his back. He grumbles a bit and hesitantly opens his eyes, "Did it work?"

"Depends on your definition of 'work'." I mutter.

I sit in my room alone. I possessed my friend- the one with the mental abilities of a toddler. I didn't even try.

There's a slight knock on my door.

"It's open."

The door creaks open and Father Steps in, "I heard about what happened."

"Of course you did."

"It's not a bad thing- what you did."

"Yeah, you're not the one who took over your friend's body and mind." I growl.

"Ivanna, it was an accident. You had no harmful intensions."

"That doesn't justify my actions!"

"I understand, you're angry, probably scared, but what you did was an accident. All you need to do is control it. Control is everything with power." He says, sitting on the edge of my bed, "When I first held Mjolnir it stormed for an entire week. I panicked; I was scared of the consequences. I learned how to control my power and now I am able to use it to my advantage."

He's right, I need to learn how to control my power- the stone's power- whatever. How would I use this power? The power to possess others, when could I possibly use that to my advantage? Perhaps keeping the Stone from falling into the wrong hands is all I have to do.

"How can I control this?" I ask, "Other than not touching people."

"I do not know, Ivanna, but we can figure it out." He says, "We won't give up anytime soon. But you can't lose confidence- that will surely keep you from what you need to do."

I nod.

"Cheer up." He says, "I have a surprise for you."

"Not much of a surprise now that you've told me, now is it?"

He rolls his eyes and sets a long black staff in front of me. The polished black metal gleams. I carefully pick it up. The balance of the staff in my hands is perfect.

"It's beautiful." I gape.

"I'm glad you like it, I had it crafted for you. I was planning on presenting it to you when you initially returned, but that was a rather unpredictable situation."

InfinityOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara