If You Don't Find Sleep, Sleep Will Find You

Beginne am Anfang

Tubbs: yeah go do that! im heading off now to sleep anyways, cya Scotty!

Scott: g'night Tubbo, Dream.

Tubbs is Offline

Dream: Goodnight Scott.

Dream is Offline

I sighed once again as I turned my phone off, I checked the time again to see it was 6:45 am. I thought about what Dream had told me to do, though sleep did sound nice, I knew that it was probably impossible for me to get.

Finally deciding that trying to sleep would be a waste of time, I walked over to my wardrobe and opened it quietly. I picked out a white t-shirt with a rainbow going across the front and a pair of jeans. I threw them on the bed prior to grabbing a cyan coloured jacket.

I got dressed making sure I didn't make too much noise since I didn't know if Bobby was awake or not. "Well if I can't sleep, might as well make some breakfast." I thought out loud, I quietly made my way out of the room and started to walk towards the stairs so I could go downstairs to get something to eat.

I cursed under my breath when some of the steps creaked, but I managed to get down them without much hassle. I pulled out my phone and turned the torch on so I could see, I then headed towards the kitchen.

After a little bit of searching, I found a packet of biscuits in one of the cupboards. I took them out and settled down on a chair that was in the kitchen, I opened the packet and took one out before eating it. 

I must've zoned out since I suddenly became aware of footsteps coming down the stairs. Looking up from my spot at the table, I saw Bobby coming towards the kitchen. He waved at me so I waved back.

Bobby's POV:

After waking up, I heard a sound coming from the kitchen. I knew that that meant that Scott was most likely awake so I headed downstairs.

When I got downstairs, I looked over at the kitchen. I felt my chest fill with concern, Scott's eyes were unfocused and he was staring at nothing. I remember Dream telling me that Scott often zones out when under a lot of stress.

Upon closer inspection, I could see dark circles under Scott's eyes, he clearly hadn't been sleeping. I sighed to myself before making my way over to where Scott was, his eyes suddenly cleared and he looked in my direction, I sent him a small wave which was returned by one of his own.

"Heya Scott, you good?" I asked, he took a bit to register what I'd asked him, "Oh uhh yeah I'm good, what about you?" he quizzed after a few moments. "I'm alright, you seem tired." I pushed slightly, he didn't seem to mind.

"Just couldn't sleep, 'm fine though." he said, whether that was to himself or me wasn't clear, I sat myself next to him. Everyone in our friend group knew that Scott got clingy when he was tired or scared, he felt comforted by physical contact.

"'re we going to see Lauren?" I heard Scott ask, his voice was quiet and slurred, I nodded in confirmation. I felt Scott lean into my side, it was clear he didn't realise he was doing it. I looked down at him and saw that his eyes were practically closed.

"Wanna go sit on the couch?" I asked, "Hmmm? Oh sure." he murmured, I stood myself up before helping Scott onto his feet. He swayed a bit before steadying himself, we made our way into the living room and sat ourselves down on one of the couches.

Once again I felt Scott lean against me, the soft seating probably wasn't helping him with staying awake. I started running my hand through his hair (NOT A SHIP) and I felt him relax further into my side. 

"Will Lauren be okay..?" Scott mumbled, I looked down at him with a sympathetic look, "Lauren's strong, she'll be okay Scott, I promise." I reassured him. He nodded and relaxed back into my side, we stayed like that for a while.

I felt Scott's breath hitch so I glanced down at him, there were tears falling down his cheek. I sighed quietly before pulling my friend close to me, I rubbed my hand down his back in a comforting matter.

"It's okay to cry Scott, I won't judge you." I told him, that finally broke the dam as Scott started to sob against me. I could feel my shirt getting wet but that didn't bother me, I continued to rub his back as he let out all the guilt and pain he'd been holding inside.

After about 35 minutes, Scott's sobs turned into small whimpers, I looked down and saw him lying limp against me. I smiled sadly as I realised he'd cried himself past exhaustion, but at least he was finally getting some sleep. I decided to let him sleep a bit before going to see Lauren, God knows he needs it.

Okay so this will be a multiple part story, so the next part will be done later on! Hope you enjoyed and have a nice day, I'll see you in the next chapter :D