If You Don't Find Sleep, Sleep Will Find You

TW: Hints to car accidents, hospital, hints to death.

I recently thought about an exhausted Smajor prompt and couldn't resist making a oneshot on it. Also sorry if it's really cringy, I'm still working on my style of writing. 

Also a bit of insight on the plot, Lauren was in an accident and ended up in the hospital. Although her condition isn't in any way life threatening, it doesn't stop her friends from worrying about her. 

Scott's POV:

It wasn't common for me to miss a night of sleep, but it had happened before. It only happened when I was overly stressed, so the lack of sleep didn't come to a surprise to me. I was currently staying at Lauren and Bobby's house, Phil had kindly offered to take care of Tubbo and Dream was staying with George and Sapnap.

As I laid on my back in the guest room, I felt my mind focusing on the problem at hand. Lauren had recently been in an accident and she had to be sent to hospital, we were told she wasn't in danger of dying, but it was still worrying.

The accident was a stupid one that was in no way Lauren's fault, a drunk driver had swerved out onto the road and had collided with Lauren's car. Although she was alive, the prat who was driving wasn't so lucky.

I forced my thoughts to stray away from that topic, there was no point in lingering on it. Knowing that sleep wasn't possible, I sat up in the soft bed and glanced around my room.

The room that I'd chosen was a rather small one, but that gave it a nice, cosy feeling. The walls were a nice teal colour and the carpet was a khaki colour (if you don't know that colour then feel free to search it up).

There was a small desk on one side of the room which had enough space to fit a laptop on it. There were a couple of other things in the room like a wardrobe and dresser but that was about it.

I yawned while stretching before looking over at the clock on the bedside table, it was 6:25 am. I sighed loudly and took another look around the room, I decided that there wasn't any point in staying in the bed so I shifted over to the edge. I swung my legs over the edge and onto the floor and stood myself up.

"I wonder if anyone else is awake." I said to myself, I picked my phone up from the bedside table and turned it on, the sudden light from the screen made me flinch. After my eyes adjusted to the phone light, I opened one of my group chats.

Strange But Stable Family

Scott: either of you two awake?

Dream is Online

Dream: Yeah I'm awake.

Tubbs is Online

Tubbs: hiii 

Scott: hello, how are you both doing?

Dream: I'm doing good, wbu?

Tubbs: im great!

Scott: i'm fine, could be better though.

Dream: I promise you Scott, Lauren will be fine.

Tubbs: yeha dont worry, Lauren is strong anyways!

Scott: i guess that's true, thank you both.

Dream: No problem bro, now go try get some sleep!