𝗙𝗹𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝟛 - 𝗙𝗶𝗿𝗲𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗸𝘀

"I said I'll always protect you." Sasuke glares at the weak body in front of him. Knowing he can't change the past. Naruto's chest goes up and down slowly. Stopping for a minute then starting again.

"I'm sorry Naruto. I let you down again.." Sasuke glares at his feet knowing his mental health is slipping away from him. Just beneath his grasp.

Sasuke try's to think of another memory that he could live in the time being to slip from this uncalled for reality.

Sasuke starts to daze off. Rather from exhaustion or from him not eating enough.

He wanted to live in his expectations. The reality he wished to see. The reality that laid before him, was not the reality he wished for. Maybe this is his consequence's for not checking on him enough?! For not noticing the small details?!

Sasuke's thoughts started to race. Overthinking it really.

———

"Sir."

"Sir!"

"SIR!"

A voice started to yell.

'Who was it?'

Sasuke starts to open his eyes to see a nurse standing above him. A clip board flatten to her chest.

"H-huh?" Sasuke starts to say being woken up by a nurse startled him.

"Sir, I need to speak to you outside." The nurse quietly says. Sasuke nods, not arguing with the nurse will probably be the best.

"Sir, I'm sorry to say but he's showing no signs of waking up. Rather this be for an unknown reason we don't know yet. We still have some test to run on him. We ask you to leave please." The nurse comforted.

Sasuke doesn't know how to react. Should he be happy? Should he be upset? Should be angry they don't know why he's like this?

"I'm Nurse Kimiko, I will be here if you need anything." Nurse Kimiko bows and walks in the room.

Sasuke leaves left with his thought and his imperfect reality.

As soon as he gets home, he locked the door and plunks down on his bed. Which an old flashback starts to play..

———
•Flash back•

"Come on Sasuke! We'll miss it!" Naruto whines dragging Sasuke along.

"We won't miss it, it hasn't even started yet." Sasuke chuckles at the blond's actions.

It was New Year's, a day for celebration for the new coming year. At midnight to make a wish for the coming year. A goal if your stuck to it. To reflect on the past year, to brush away all the imperfections and mistakes made that year. To adjust to make new improvements, new mistakes.

Naruto's wish was left unachieved.

Sasuke wished him and Naruto would get their own forever. To live in his expectations. His own wish a ponded reality. That he wished was the true reality.

•Naruto's POV•

"Are you sure you want to go through with this?" Kurama asks reassuring on Naruto's decision.

"Yes Kurama I'm sure." Naruto assured.

Naruto's wish was to make it to the next year alive.

...

End of Naruto's POV•

"Oi Dobe! You've been like that for a while." Sasuke gets in Naruto's face as he sits there his eyes closed, his hands together.

"Oh! Sorry!" Naruto rubs his back when Sasuke's message reaches Naruto.

End of Flashback•

Word Count : 532