[20] 101 Españoles

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Finalmente." He muttered under his breathe. I rose my eyebrows at him, knowing very well what he had said. Excuse me I'm not as Spanish-ally inclined as he was.

I leaned back on my arms, grinning from the accomplishing feeling. "What did that even mean again?"

"Flabbergasted." He replied, wrapping his arms around his legs and looking at me.  "Any other words."

"Obstreperous." I said instantly, taking him by surprise. I've always loved that word. 

"Wow, aren't you just a bundle full of unusual words..." He proclaimed sarcastically, rolling his eyes at my choice of words. I glowered at him, narrowing my eyes into slits. "Don't be an burro." I warned, using the Spanish word for donkey. We were in Spanish class, or 101 Españoes as Tony liked to keep reminding me, gotta talk in as much Españole as posible.

 "Ya, ya, ya, now let me think about this one." Scratching the back of his neck, he hesitantly, as if he weren't exactly sure said; "estrepitoso."

 "Why do you sound so unsure about that?" I questioned, raising my eyebrows challengingly. Is Mr. Españole having his doubts? That may not be good.

"'Cause I've never had to say that word in Spanish before, so it could be wrong." He explained, which made total sense. I nodded, showing him I understood. A yawn escaped my lips as I tilted my head up to face the sky, I was getting tired.

"Do you know what time it is?" I asked, laying down on the cold ground.

"Nope. Everything we had was left on in the car." 

I cursed under my breathe. We can't even tell what time it is. Life just hates us right now, doesn't it? What did I actually ever do wrong to deserve everything that was happening to us? Sure, I've been bad a few times, but bad enough to have all this happen? No, I don't think so. Even though Tony's done his fair share of terrible things, he doesn't deserve any of this either.

It just wasn't fair...

"Estoy triste." I stated, breathing out a huff of air as I crossed my arms over my chest. I heard Tony heave another sigh before he fell down right beside me, copying my movements. "Me too." He muttered quietly. staring up at the trees.

He suddenly turned his head, his eyes meeting mine. "We're going to get out of this though. So don't worry about that." 

I nodded, forcing a small smile onto my face to show that I believed him. The truth was, I don't think I could believe him.  How can we expect to get out of all this when we can't even get out of a forest? His eyes narrowed the slightest, as if he didn't believe me. But if he saw through my smile, he didn't comment on it.

We stared at each other for a couple more minutes, and with each passing second the expression on Tony's face changed to one that I couldn't read. I gave him a questioning look, but his eyes had lowered to somewhere else.

"Hermoso." He whispered quietly, staring at another part of my face.

"What does that mean?" I asked him, voice loud compared to his. He looked back up into my eyes again, the expression that had been on his face leaving, replace by a hard look. "Nothing." He muttered before rolling over so his back faced me. "Now get to sleep. We're leaving early in the morning." 

I was taken back by the sudden change of mood. Rolling over to my side, I rubbed my cold arms and shut my eyes, willing sleep to come.

"Buenas noches." I announced, trying my hardest not to shiver. The temperature had suddenly dropped on us, and we had nothing but the clothes on our backs to keep us warm.  I couldn't count of Tony to warm me up, not after his sudden cold-shoulder moment. Instead of dwelling on it, I curled up into a ball, wrapped my arms around my legs and tried my hardest to fall asleep.