Chapter 10: MP5 SMGs have safety? (Part 1)

Puro and you look at each other. The last 60 seconds had been much more surreal than the rest of their lives - even the part they didn't remember, or so they thought. I mean, at least for you - being locked in a building, failing to be locked down in said building, realizing you have low-key night vision, discovering a secret room with more KitKats than cubic inches, and being that close to getting kidnapped by someone who doesn't really know when he's being mocked and a dumb fuck who likes to mock him isn't part of anyone's daily life, in your opinion.

The latex wolf slams the red button with the word "EXIT" spelled out with white letters, and the room reveals itself to the world. A worried gas mask and its face behind it appear almost instantly.

Dr. K picks up 2 Hekler & Koch MP5 SMGs, still loaded, and takes the ammo on the corpse's pockets. He throws each gun to you and Puro. You catch it clumsily, wondering how to use it, contrasting with Puro's apparent expertise, already checking its magazine and leaving it on safety to not shoot his own foot.

Puro (noticing your look) - I guess reading guns about books helps. Just point it at the bad guy and shoot. Oh, and don't point it to the good guys, like you're doing to Dr. K.

Dr. K was distracted and not bothered by your inexpertise. He was too busy thinking about a plan. His car had half a full tank - it would be enough to go home, where he had 2 more tanks of gas and a few guns. However, his home could have already been invaded, and it wouldn't be safe for them to go there.

No, he thought, there's no reason for anyone to do that. I haven't got anything too suspicious there. Besides, it's not like I keep my address on my Facebook page; not like I have a Facebook page anyways...

Maybe it'd be better to just drive home. He had bought a shelter, a few years ago, after hearing threats about a nuclear war. Not that he was afraid it'd happen, but it's always better to be prepared. It was stocked and prepared to hold 4 people for a month - convenient for this case.

Dr. K ordered Puro and you to follow him silently. You decide to hold your gun as to not shoot anyone you wouldn't want to, and run behind Puro.

The corridors were dark. No one made a sound - perhaps because they were all dead, or simply because they evacuated, or even hided in the other secret rooms in the facility. The building was a mystery itself - no one present had worked there for enough time to know who built it - although it was an easy guess. The government, after all, had supported the project since the beginning, and as such, they had probably financed the building of said facility - to provide a cure for the virus that was dizimating mankind... The virus that originated the cure that made Puro look like Puro, K like K, and you... like whatever you are now.

A flashlight was seen in the other corrider. All of you readied your weapons, you and Puro your MP5s and the doctor his Desert Eagle - and suddently, an unfriendly face appeared in front of them. As it was about to shout for backup, Puro fired his submachine gun and 2 bullets went straight to the man's face - at the cost of the inexperienced weaponsman almost falling down to the floor.

You grin, and whisper

You - Inexperienced much, eh?

Puro (not amused) - Haha. So funny. Can we please focus on our mission to get out of here, or are you going to point you gun at me?

You shut up, not liking what he said.

You - Rather mean from you.

Puro sighs, and tells you to stop whispering, following Dr. K. The elevator, already at sight, seemed oddly intact for a building invaded by an unidentified group of armed people.

Dr. K felt rather uneasy, but entered the elevator. Everything appeared to be ok, until before he touched the button for the ground-level floor, he noticed a tiny little tripwire right over the button, almost touching it. He looked at you and Puro, and quietly said:

Dr. K - I think it's better for us to take the stairs if we don't wanna be blown up to pieces by some homemade trap shit.

Leaving the trapped elevator, you all reroute, and take the stairs right next to the elevator. Before commiting another possibly fatal mistake, Puro checks for any traps, and finds none - in case of getting SWATed, the almost-kidnappers had to leave through somewhere.

Since you weren't too high above the ground floor, 2 floors, in fact, it didn't take too long before you reached the emergency exit door, avoiding whatever hellhole awaited them there. K's car was parked in the back, but before he tried to leave, he looked under it.

Fuck.

It's bombed as well.

A tiny homemade trap was connected to the main engine, and, looking at K's face, Puro already knew what was up. However, it didn't take long before the latex white wolf realized they had done it wrong - it was supposed to be connected to the car's radio dashboard, but there wasn't any dashboard in that car at all. Triumphantly, he removed the explosive carefully and placed it beside him. He opened the driver's door with his car key, since it had no remote unlocking, and opened the other doors, inviting you in.