SeVeN

Tisha's POV

There are moments you feel no problem in the world could ever tamper with your happiness.

Moments when you just want to wake up everyday and have a day filled with fun and happiness.

Those moments were ones I experienced days after Aqsa left.

I guess her "words of advice" did a magic on my husband.

He came home more early, acted nicer than before, and even brought me breakfast in bed during weekends.

His mum?
Finally left after some persuasion from him.

I started to feel like I could actually give this marriage a chance to work out.

Not like I was falling for my husband or anything.

I'd NEVER fall in love quite easily.

We were just "friends with benefits".

Until I find a loophole and decide to call off the marriage.

Take it or leave it, arranged marriages in unfavourable conditions were a sham.

There were moments I'd grown to cherish though.

The way we'd dance round the house while conducting house chores, praying Tahjud (mid-might prayer) together, and sometimes even cooking together.

It was so much fun.

To outsiders, we were a cute couple in love.
To family, we were trying to find our feet in the world of marriage.
To us, the two victims of the marriage, na different story.

It was the calm before the storm.

********

Mus'ab had travelled out of Lagos for a week and he hadn't reached out to me after he landed at his final destination, Abuja.

I just hoped he hadn't forgotten the Abaya gowns and veils I asked him to get for me.

A week passed.
Two weeks.

Ahan.
Person wey get accident sef, im news go don reach person.
Not like I missed him or anything.

After trying his phone for the umpteenth time that Saturday morning, I tried his mother's line but the difficult soul of a woman never picked my calls after she left.

I wonder what I ever did.

I stood up from the couch after abruptly coming to a decision.

I knew what to do.
The next minutes saw me booking a flight to Abuja while the next hour had me packing a small duffel bag and locking the house.

I was going to look for my husband and give him the nagging of his life.

Soon enough I was at the airport and after checking in, I headed to the departure lounge.

I thought I saw someone that looked like me but before I could check again she wasn't at the spot.

I shrugged.
Must be my eyes playing tricks 'cus Lord knew I hadn't used my eye medication in months.

Who needed it anyway?

"Announcement. This is Air Peace flight A4732 calling all passengers headed to Abuja to please use the gateway to board the plane. Announcement..."

Ooooooh that's my flight.
Husby, here I come!

*******

"Welcome to Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport Abuja. It's 19°C out there. Do well to keep warm and stay safe. On behalf of the cabin crew and Captain James, we wish you a lovely stay here."