I bade the flight attendant at the exit goodbye and hauled my bag as I walked towards the arrivals lounge.

It was night time
And from the breeze and the little I knew about Abuja from my stay there, I'd say it would rain soon.

I called Aqsa to come pick me up from the airport as soon as we landed but the duffer must have been fast asleep 'cus she wasn't picking.

I totally forgot to inform her I would be coming.

But wait gan sef.
Who gets in bed few minutes past 8 for God's sake??
Aqsa.

I tried calling few more times but she didn't pick.

I shivered as the breeze outside the arrivals lounge seeped into my clothes because I was standing close to the exit.

I would have just flagged down a cab to take me to her place. But she had changed apartments just because she didn't like the way her next door neighbour was giving her the creeps with his stares.

And unluckily for me, I forgot to ask for her new address.

Way to go Tish.

I needed to find a hotel and fast.

The rain seemed to be closing in.
Picking up my bag, I headed out of the airport.

Abuja
We meet again.

#############

"What do you mean all rooms have been booked???"

"We're sorry ma'am but there's no room left."

I scoffed.

"This is a five freaking star hotel young woman. Rooms are not supposed to be finished in places like this! Isn't there a basement or somewhere I could lay my head on for the night??"

The poor receptionist shook her head.

"What in the world is wrong with all of you!!!? Three hotels this night and you're all booked up!!?? Do you think it's that easy plying the roads of Abuja????"

She sighed.

Oh darling Mus'ab.
May God help you the moment I find you.

"I'm sorry ma but it's the weekend",the lady broke my train of menacing thoughts.

"So how is that....", my retort was drowned out by the appearance of a classy looking Muslim lady who by the look on her face seemed to be surprised seeing a veiled Muslim woman acting so outspoken.

"As-Salaamualaykum sister. I'm sorry I couldn't help but listen in on your conversation. You don't live around here, do you?"

I shook my head.

She gave a warm almost pitiful smile.
"That explains it then. Saturday nights in hotels are usually crammed up. Couples coming for honeymoon, birthday parties, clubbing, all sorts of celebrations take place."

I snorted.
How was that supposed to help me??

"Here's what'll happen. I booked a suite for my sibling and I but we can share a room while you have the other room to yourself for the night. If that's fine by you ofcourse."

I smiled even though she couldn't see it.

I knew I shouldn't accept so easily but I was so worn out so I accepted without breaking a sweat.

"Jazakhallah sister...."

"Rana. Rana Abdul-Hamid."

"Jazakhallah sister Rana. I really appreciate this."