Chapter 3 Death To Soul

Drops... Drops of rain... Dripped... and covered over my body... the flashing of lightning... staining my eye lids red... in a heat of the moment... Seconds passed... then the rumble of the lateen sound of Thunder... Slowly opening my eyes... I was next to a barely live fire... that struggled to stay alive... Glaring passed it I saw a sleeping bunch of people... all in sleeping bags... One with a nice hat... Oh right, that's Preston... Looking over everyone... till I saw the old lady... and Dog meat... him curled up against her sleeping... was cute... put a gentle smile on my face... I felt my chest... feeling what was holding me... a Scallie yet human skin like paw... large... held me gently against it's body... in an embrace... "Deathy... couldn't sleep... Not till Shawny showed okay..." She spoke behind me... with a tone that all but told of concern for my well being... being her top concern in the moment... "Deathy..." I mumble under my voice... Oddly proud of her... yet sad for her... Did I worry her that much? rubbing her knuckles gently with my messed up hand...

My pitboy was glowing... Glaring to it I read whatever information was on it. "DeathClaw Statues Updated: This DeathClaw has left heat. it is Advised to avoid it at all costs. DeathClaws fresh out of heat will be Highly Aggressive for 3 days after ending heat cycles compared to the average aggression they share during Heat, or long ended time periods after the heat ends" One set of information read... but another underneath was also visible. "New Information On Current DeathClaw: This DeathClaw has asserted you as it's Alpha, Alpha's to DeathClaws have many roles. This could be as Protecting there nest. Protecting themselves from other Alpha or stronger DeathClaws in the surrounding Area's. Providing them with a steady diet to live off of. Or Breeding for a strong litter of eggs and raising the Hatchlings to be strong like the Chosen Alpha. If a Human of Species that is not a DeathClaw Is given the Alpha role there roles slightly differ... or can remain the same as those duties put on a normal Alpha deathclaw. It is critical to Share care and companionship towards your Companion DeathClaw after being given it's Alpha role to ensure it's trust and care for you continues to grow. For both Your safety, and those who may surround themselves with you safety as well." The Last Information screen on the pitboy state. 

"But... How did I manage to even get her to consider... Let alone decide on me being her Alpha at all? What did I do today... Or yesterday I suppose now... To get her to want a damn... idiot like me to be her Alpha" I asked myself with in my head... Doubt... and questions filling my head as I glared to her Paws... Her what I'll call... Murder mites... gently hugging around the torso of my body easily with just the one hand... and holding me against her gently. My back to her breast that was closest to the ground as she laid out on her side with me... and if she ever felt like... for any reason... good or bad of one. She could easily squash the life out of me with one squeeze... one clench of her hand around me... and it would take no effort or struggle out of her to do it... and I'd easily pop like a gusher... She could end me in less of a thought... less then a moments worth of warning or hesitation... That is just how weak I am... and anyone here is to her strength... and especially to the Actual Alpha DeathClaw Male.... That She stepped in... and attempted to kill on my behalf... and on my account for my safety... I just... don't understand... How a idiot like me... A 17 year old boy... Someone who's lost all... His family... friends and life as he knew it... took from him... and left as a shell of what he once was... Managed to win over the trust of a deadly... and inhuman beast such as her... in just one day...

All I can think of... that I've really done that would have any influence on her making such a erosional decision like this... "was the faked faces of care... the petting and pretending and fake treatment of her being like a pet or friend to me... that led up to concord... that one body I brought her to and that she ate... But... What else? What would someone... as strong as a DeathClaw look for in a Alpha? Or someone they'd look to consider Alpha? Strength I assume... maybe courage? But what Of that have I ever shown?" I continued to question... and piece together in my head for answers... As the answer to that question hit me... "Wait a minute... Could it had been... It had to be the final piece to the puzzle... Surely had to be!" I answered in my head... Remembering the fight I put up against the Male Alpha DeathClaw... Everything beyond when My ammo ran out... Punching it in my armor... I had enough strength to make the bastard stumble plumb back atop it's back... I had the weight and the strength to just stand one foot atop it to keep it pinned... long enough to round off 7 rounds from my colt... before the Armor ran dry of power... and beyond it all at my final confrontation after being slung around into car's and buildings like a Rag doll... I still managed to keep trying to put up a fight... beyond the safety of the suit... even with my hand broken I fought back...