Chapter 15

"Did you know that there's a chance The Trickster is from royalty?" Evra whispered

"Yeah- but I believe he was like some kind of guard that was chased out and now lives the way he does- you know...like my dad" Little Cato said

"Personally I think he was poor and royalty took him in and taught him before he left" Fox added in his own input

"Or maybe- he has royal blood but he doesn't know of it" Ash joined in

The kids were spending their time how they saw fit, talking as they usually did about things that interested them.
Biskit, Kevin, Nyata and Clarance cpuld only watch the kids trying to live their last moments normally- Nyata trying his best to join in by nodding every so often, Clarance by not making any
Sparky comments, Kevin and Biskit actually trying to join in the conversation.

"Why is he said to be royalty?" Kevin asked as he joined the circle the kids had formed in the cell

"Yeah- it's not like there's evidence or anything" Biskit added, he was currently layed down on the old wooden bench "I mean...No one knows who they truly are"

"But there are those who have met him!" Evra piped in

"Yeah! It is said that when he fights he does it so gracefully" Little Cato stood, placing a hand in the air as if some kind of ballerina and extending the other as if holding a sword "some believe he was dancing" he spun with a soft chuckle.

Sadly, their moment of fabricated peace was put to an end when Turk stomped in front of their cell, making the smaller one flinch

"Are you Avocato's son?" The general asked, fixing his heavy navy coat.
The adults in the cell and even the teens were quick to step in front of the youngest, protecting him from whatever the other wanted to do with him

"The sun has not started to set yet..." Kevin spoke, his usual soft kind voice having more of an edge to it "the execution shouldn't be happening yet"

"Who are you to tell me that, human" Turk spat, glaring down at him then the others "just bring the ventraxian here"

Despite being told to, no one moved a muscle. They remained in front of the small ginger ventraxian, protectively glaring at the harmed man.

"I am Captain Bartolomew's son" Little Cato stepped forth, his face hardening to hide the anxiety behind his quick beating heart and the droplets of sweat on his forehead. His voice had not wavered once and despite wanting to call his father's name, he had called his title instead- just as Turk should've since he had no right to disrespect Avocato whom he did not fully know.

"Follow me" Turk ordered, opening the cell and placing cuffs back around the skinny arms of the kid. It wasn't much of an option as he tugged on the chains, forcing the kit to follow.

The cell locked behind them and all the rest of the crew cpuld do was watch the boy walk down the corridor, the reason as to why still unknown.

Meanwhile, Avocato, their captain, sat down in his own cell alone, chains still holding onto his wrists despite him being locked up. The anxiety was brewing inside his chest as the barred window changed colors from a bright blue to a softer pink.
The sun was going to sleep and soon...his mates wpuld as well.

It had been agreed among the navy that his crew wpuld be executed before Bartolomew's very eyes, after, the Captain would get publicly executed himself- allowing everyone in the Capital to watch the Captain's head roll off on the ground.

Avocato didn't want anyone to pay for his crimes just as much as he didn't want to watch them... but he forced himself to find some peace in the fact that they wouldn't get hung and die slowly.