Chapter 5

Captain Bartolomew had noticed his son being more absent lately, making excuses of needing the bathroom during the night only to be gone a long time....more time than needed at the bathroom.
First- he was worried. Was his son feeling sick? Was he sneaking into the kitchen because he needed a midnight snack? Avocati had heard teens did that often...

The Captain decided they would peacefully sail until he figured out what was happening, unknowingly making it more hard for the teen to go sneak and meet his new friend.

They were all eating breakfast on the deck as they usually did but Little Cato insisted on eating in the dining room which had caused the other teens to follow him as well.

This time, Avocato decided to join, eating an apple with his knife as he listened to the current conversation

"Yeah! And that time The Trickster stole the right eye of ...what was the statue?" Evra asked

"Fernando the first's" Ash replied with a lovestruck smile towards Evra

"Wasn't he the guy who lost his right eye to a fish?" Fox asked as he ate his fruit salad

"Yep! Which is pretty funny that The Trickster stole only one jewel- it was totally intended!" Little Cato chirped in

"I don't know how they do it- if was me I'd just steal both jewels" Ash added in

"Which makes you wonder right? How does they get away in time? I can't imagine not being able to sail away from a scene" Little Cato wondered

"Maybe they can fly" Evra suggested, floating up to show the others "like me!"

Avocato watched the group with a soft smile, perhaps they just needed private time to themselves? They were teens afterall.... adults usually give off the vibe of ruining fun.

His thoughts, however, were quickly shot down as he noticed his son glance at the barrel in the corner of the room. The same barrel his son seem to always glance at when they're dining.
Avocato stared at the barrel for a moment from the corner of his eye as he sipped on his coffee, that barrel was giving him some...vibes.

Was his son drinking when he wasn't looking? He was far too young to drink large quantities of alcohol alone- not to mention that Avocato allowed him to have a sip of his drink and he seemed to hate it. So no....it couldn't be that, especially when the hole of the barrel doesn't have the tap to pour wine.

As everyone left, Little Cato remained, taking a glance at his father before standing and and leaving as well once he noticed he wasn't getting up anytime soon.
Which was OK, there was no way his dad had noticed the wanderer in the barrel.

"How's things, Nyata?" Little Cato asked the lynx whose expression seemed to never change. The older ventrexian looked down at the boy before nodding in affirmation that everything seemed to be okay- which was normal, the guy barely ever talked (though Fox said he had heard him talk before).

Little Cato was growing a bit anxious for not sewing his father leave the dining room. He bounced his leg as he sat next to Kevin who was fishing just for fun (who even does that? Old people...)

"You alright?" The man asked, taking notice of the boy's anxiety

"Just peachy--"

"Everyone!" A roar broke through the air as heavy stomping made their way to the deck.
There, was his father with the wanderer in his hands who looked as terrified as a rabbit, hands tied behind his back.

The crew was quick to join their captain examining the human he held in his claws.

"Da--" Little Cato tried but was quickly shut down by his father stern leer, gulping down his words.

Avocato took the chance to join the others in studying the human.
He wasnt sure if it was female or male at first but now he was sure it was certainly male.
His hair was long and blond, styled in a braid that was held together by a red band. His lashes were long and eyes were the color of the sea, pupils small from fear. The color of his skin was tanned from the sunlight but Avocato knew he was originally  snow White from the way his shirt fell off his shoulder, revealing a tan line.
The human wore something simple, a white shirt, some brown pants and boots, a golden pocket watch hooked to his belt.

"I have found this human in one of our barrels" the captain informed the others "clearly he snuck in during out last stop" he eyed the group that was supposed to keep an eye out "and CLEARLY one of us knew!" He turned to his son

"Little Cato?" Ash turned to the youngest who looked down in shame before looking back up

"H-he isn't a bad guy! He is just a wanderer- he told me so" he tried to defend the innocent man

"So you were aware he was there" Avocato shook his head "and- if he is just a wanderer why is he in our ship?" He asked, kicking the man in order to bring him to his knees before placing the boot above his head to keep his head on the floor

There was no response from the youngest, he just opened his mouth then close it again as he realized he didn't know why the blond was here....or who even was.

"Permission to talk!!!" Gary shouted, his cheek being squished against the wood of the ship.
The crew went quiet as their captain looked down at the human in disgust, leaning down and yanking his braid up to lift his head

"Ow--" Gary winced before looking up at the captain who waited impatiently for him to talk- foot tapping against the floor. With a deep breath, the blond tried to rearrange his thoughts, shaking slightly under the man's gaze

"Okay so like- are you guys going to make me walk the plank? Cuz like I've always wanted to try it but I don't want to die so--" Gary yelped as the captain clicked his fingers and Fox pointed his gun at him

"Wait! Wait! Wait! Hang on!" Gary laughed nervously as he looked at Fox who clearly didn't want to do it "Let me finish Mr Very Handsome Captain!" He forced a smile, sighing as Bartolomew lifted his hand for Fox to stop.

"Okay- okie dokie- Alrighty-oh!" Gary took deep breaths, trying to calm himself down "so long story short...." he looked up at them before saying the next words rather quickly "I stole something from the navy and was running away but then I saw your ship pull up and decided to hide in it- I mean it had just pulled up so I didn't think it wpuld leave so soon but before I knew it I'm in the middle of the sea with pirates and I'm SO GONNA DIE!"

Silence filled the air as the crew processed it, the heavy breaths of the human from talking so fast being the thing breaking the silence other than the waves.

"Wait..." Little Cato stepped fowards "you stole something from the navy... Dad ypu realize what it is right?" He smiled "the crystal! He's the guy that stole it before we got there"

"Woah- how'd ypu know I stole a crystal Little dude?" Gary gasped "you magic cat you"

"So you confirm you stole a crystal" Avocato stepped into view, looking down at the human that shrank beneath his gaze

"Y-yes....???" He answered cautiously

"Hand it over" Avocato put his hand out

"I can't" the blind replied

"Excuse me?" The captain growled

"My hands are tied....literally"

The Captain felt his ears burn in embarrassment at the realisation, glaring back at the small snickers from the crew.
With a huff, he reached down and began looking in the blond's pockets.

"Woah! What are you-- AAAH!" The human tried to get away as he felt the hands in his pockets, taking everything out "SEXUAL HARRASSMENTTT!!" He shrieked

"Lads" The captain stood before turning around and lifting the crystal up against the sunlight "we got our crystal"