One

"Calm down, everything will go well, there is no need to be nervous"

You stare at your husband with those doe eyes, as he leads you into the police department.

"Fifteen years of not seeing our son, I didn't even get to spend a whole day with him before he got taken away from me" you utter out, your eyes getting teary.

"Well, the man who has done that is behind bars, is he not?" you nod slowly

You were fifteen when you had your son with your now-husband, Xavier. Which made your father take your son and give him to an unknown couple.

Thankfully, the couple was found after fifteen years of searching, and right now, you and Xavier are heading to pick up your son.

Once you reach the wanted office, you and Xavier give each other a look before entering.

The first person your eyes lands on is the teenage boy who is sitting comfortably across from the police officer.

"Mr. And Mrs. Flores, I'm glad that you came"

You don't pay the man any mind as you walk towards the dark-haired boy who looks familiar to his father when he was young.

Monroe stands up once he sees you, surprised that you are his mother even though he was expecting you.

But honestly, you look young or maybe it is just the fact that you are not a day past thirty.

"I missed you so much" you pull him into your embrace without hesitation.

Xavier watches the two of you, not removing his eyes from Monroe for a second.

Honestly, Monroe doesn't like Xavier...he dislikes him for some unknown reason.

"I'm sorry for hugging you out of nowhere, but you don't know how much I'm happy to see you"

"I'm also happy to see you, you look exactly like your photos, no filters"

You chuckle at his joke, which made Monroe smile.

"Well, glad about the family reunion, and there the DNA test that proves that Monroe is your son" the officer was about to pull out the file, but you stop him.

"There's no need to, I know that he is mine and Xavier's son"

Your husband grabs the file from the officer which made you sigh and Monroe raises an eyebrow.

"Really, Xavier? He looks exactly like you"

"I'm just making sure, sweetheart"

Monroe has already decided that his father is not a pleasant person to be around.

"It is ok, Mr. Flores has every right to be sure of everything," the blue-eyed boy says with a fake smile.

"You can just call him Dad, Monroe" the boy nods slowly.

"Of course, Mom"

Xavier finishes reading the file and smiles.

"I'm glad to have you back home, Monroe"

When your husband was about to hug Monroe, the boy stops him.

"I don't like hugs really" Xavier frowns.

"But you allowed your mother to hug you" Monroe shrugs.

"Yes, because I like her" Xavier huffs at the reply.

"What about me?"

Monroe looks at his father from head to toe, before replying.

"We will see about that"