sixteen | Moments shared, moments cherished

Start from the beginning

Her passionate touches.

Her fluid movements only increased their arousal.

The King sucked in a deep breath and forced himself to set the images of his wife aside for the time being. Instead, he focused on her expression filled with distress.

He lifted her left arm and lovingly pushed a lock of ginger hair away from her face behind her ear. The peaceful look on her face was enough for the king to painfully curve his lips upwards as it has been a while since he had witnessed this look on his queen.

The heated stare must have been sensed since by then, a fleeting moan exited her mouth and her eyes slowly fluttered open, revealing her alluringly tired hazel eyes.

The silence between them was not a known occurrence. For centuries, some endless fights and voices were raised from the heavens. Turbulences and hurricanes would always be endured by the realms. Vicious winds were often followed by lightning and thunder. Tides crashing and waves engulfing the entire human race. Both of the rulers were prideful, stubborn, and undeniably temperamental. None of their personalities may be correlated to anyone else's. Even their wrath should be deterred with every ounce of one's being as it's not something to trifle with.

As her gaze retained on his angelic features, her position remained firm and her expression impassive. Like Zeus, in her mind, she retained the image of him in her arms. They were what she endlessly perpetrated openly back then when they portrayed their undying fondness for one another for purposes that soothed and sated her conscious soul. Now, perhaps, reasons needed to be hidden as she retained the image of him in her arms for purposes of being unable to recognize how it felt to be around her beloved. It was their painful reality.

The smell of fresh rain, refreshing evergreen, and ozone. She wished to bury herself further into his warmth but alas, she's still hesitant in showing affection as it was too much to handle. The night before was a moment of weakness triggered by the evil spirits.

Back in the day, his muscular arms would always be enveloped around her frame as he constantly soothed her from all the distress she felt. He was patient with his queen since he's aware of the gravity of her emotions. The turbulence needed to calm and should carefully be approached and handled with care. As temperamental he may be, her emotions are similar to void that should continuously be filled and would, nevertheless, reach the depths of Tartarus as they are intensified.

No one in their right mind would act frivolously around the youngest daughter of the titan rulers, Rhea and Cronus. After all, her power was exalted by all as it was on par with Zeus' and her temper would be enough to demolish the realms. Therefore, they approached her with regard as she exuded the poise of a powerful being.

To attain the position, she often exhausted herself. Her mantra would be, "To protect my family from forces of evil we may soon face". She was the goddess of marriage, fertility, women, and family. She was the daughter of Rhea and Cronus, and her brother was the King. Her childhood was tragic and all of her siblings experienced dreadful trauma caused by their father's fear of being overthrown. It would be wrong for her to settle and let those hardships pass. This was why she would always retain a façade. She never allowed herself to appear weak. And with keeping those in mind, she permitted herself to be robust, naming herself as the protector of her kin. She possessed many domains and prided herself as one of the best and skilled warriors. It was not long before she was coronated and became the Queen.

It was only in the presence of her husband did she often lowered her barriers and exhibited weakness. After all, he was the first to witness her downfall, the first to witness the fragments of herself fall. It was her husband who slowly mended her back together when the demons of her past visited her frequently.