"So..." I say.

"Ask away!" He chuckles. I pursed my lips and nod.

"What happened with our parents?" I ask.

"I'm two years older than you are. But they really kept it a secret." He says.

"Why would they keep it a secret?" I ask.

"I don't know. I was only two when you were born."

"No," I lightly chuckle. "When I did research on them, why keep a secret about you, but not me?" I ask.

"Oh, well. That's because I'm-" The waitress returns and gives me my order. I kindly thank her and she disappears. "We're technically not related." He says. I furrow my brows in confusion.

"Wait. I-I'm sorry. We're technically not related?" I ask.

"The story goes, Alex had an affair with our parents shared assistant, Diane." Sully explains.

"They had an assistant?" I ask.

"Yeah. Uh, they needed help with the financing and the scheduling, all that. So, they hired Diane. Diane, is my mother and Alex is my dad. They didn't want it going out in public, so they kept it quiet."

"Why would they keep you a secret, but let the world know I was born and set up for adoption? That doesn't make any sense." I frown.

"Nobody really knows why. I barely do. Diane wouldn't really tell me anything about them." He shrugs. "Probably because Susanne and Alex were like by all, known really well and didn't want the world knowing Alex was a two-timer?"

"Do you know why they put me up for adoption?" I ask.

"Same reason dad didn't want me. They didn't want any kids. So, dad, or Alex, gave Diane, my mom, full custody of me. Once you were born, they put you up for adoption." I let out a sigh and shake my head.

"Wow." I huff out a smile.

"Yeah. A lot to take in." He chuckles.

"It's just...odd how you'd think people who have babies would want to keep them. Instead, they set you up for adoption because they didn't want you. That just feels...horrible." I frown.

"I guess. But I wouldn't worry about it."

"Why not?"

"Because you've got a family who did want you and they got you. You've got a brilliant sister, an amazing mom, dad. I wouldn't complain about your birth parents, they didn't want you." He says. I slowly nod my head.

"Yeah, I guess so." I say.

"My dad left me and my mom when I was four. They just got into really bad arguments. So, they divorced, nine months later, Amy was born." He says.

"I'm sorry." I frown.

"Oh, don't be. He was a jerk anyways." He waved me off. I took a sip of my drink and let out a sigh.

"So, what made you even want to talk to me?" I ask.

"Well, I figured I'm the only thing left of your original family, so why not meet you and maybe even make something out of it." He smiles.

"Right." I nod. "Uh, there isn't anything illegal about this, right?"

"I don't think so. I don't see why they wouldn't allow us to meet each other." He chuckles.

"Oh, yeah." I lightly chuckle. "Does Diane know about me?" I ask.

"She does. She actually knows a bit about you. She also happens to be your adoptive moms friend."