Chapter 1: Four months

I wake up in a puddle of sweat in my bed again. It has been four months since Adrien and I got home from the hunger games. Well, let's get more into the story. I am Diana Mellark, daughter of the victors of the 74th hunger games and the victor of the 99th hunger games. I went in with my love Adrien Paix and we came out together. As we all know the hunger games only let one victor out of the arena alive but Adrien and I made history again. We are the second couple to come out together. My parents were first. We now are back in district twelve and I am in my father's old victor home and Adrien lives next door. We see each other all the time but he doesn't live with me. Well not yet. My brother is supposed to be living with me but because my mom is getting close to the due date of my sister or brother he went back to my parent's house. Now I am sitting in my bed alone with no one to comfort me.

Diana's bedroom

Diana's bedroom

Diana's sleeping outfit

I get out of bed and walk over to the window. I look to see if Adrien is awake and he is. He is opening his window and climbing out. We have been keeping our windows open, even in the dead of winter, if one of us has a nightmare and the other can't sleep Adrien comes over to my room and we sleep together. We have been doing this for the past month because I now live alone and my brother lives with my parents. My dad is usually over here in the morning so Adrien has to leave early. We are always awake though by four in the morning. I always go down and make bread or pastries at that time. Even paint a little in my painting room. Adrien is now climbing the man-made ladder under my window.