Chp. 9 The Badge and The Burden Part 1

Start from the beginning

The two finally calm themselves down and ready their beds. While Weiss' bed is simply on the ground next to her art and luggage, Blake's bed is next to her books, which are used to raise Yang's bed over it by placing the novels on the posts, and Ruby's is hanging from ropes on the ceiling with a blanket used as a tent over it. While Finally  Ben rolls a green sleeping bag onto the floor.

Ruby: Allllright! Our second order of business iiiiiiiis...! Classes...

She pulls out a pencil to jot down in her notebook.

Ruby: Now, we have a few classes together today. At 9, we've got to be-

Weiss: What?! Did you say 9 o'clock?

Ruby: Uuuum...

Weiss: It's 8:55, you dunce!

Ben: Well I don't know about guys but...

Ben activates the Omnitrix transforming himself into a blue velociraptor like alien

XLR8: See you at class!

Ben as XLR8 speeds down the corridor running to the classroom.

Weiss: Oh no you don't you dunce! You're not running off and making the rest of us look bad!

Weiss proceeds to run down the hallway after him making her way to class. The members of RWBY and JNPR peeking out from their doorways to look at her go.

Ruby: To class!

Ruby runs out, followed by Yang, and Blake.

Jaune: Class...?

Jaune loses his balance and ends up toppling over Nora, Pyrra and  Ren falling onto him. He manages to get out from under them and start dashing.

Jaune: We're gonna be late!

In the courtyard, Professor Ozpin and Glynda Goodwitch watch the two teams hurry through the school. Glynda looks at her watch, and Ozpin simply sips his drink.
-------------------------------------------------

The sight of an axe-blunderbuss weapon pans down to the boards displaying various species of Grimm - King Taijitu, Death Stalker, Beowolf, Boarbatusk, Nevermore, and Ursa - behind an elderly teacher named Peter Port.

Port: Monsters! Deeeemons... Prowlers of the night! Yes, the creatures of Grimm have many names, but I merely refer to them as prey! Ha-ha!

The members of RWBY, seated on the front row, are in varying stages of interest; Blake, Ben and Yang are sitting up and paying attention, Weiss is taking notes, and Ruby has her head propped in her hand as she takes a quick nap until she is woken back up by Port's bad joke, which receives a cricket-filled silence as a result.

Port: Uhhhh... And you shall too, upon graduating from this prestigious academy! Now, as I was saying: Vale, as well as the other three kingdoms, are safe havens in an otherwise treacherous world! Our planet is absolutely teeming with creatures that would love nothing more than to tear you to pieces! And that's where we come in. Huntsmen! Huntresses...

He gives Yang a wink, which she groans uncomfortably at.

Port: Individuals who have sworn to protect those who cannot protect themselves! From what, you ask? Why, the very world!

Port: That is what you are training to become. But first: A story. A tale of a young, handsome man... Me! When I was a boy..."

His words fade into the background as a series of "blah"s, when Weiss notices Ruby is very focused on penciling the paper in front of her.

Port: ...Despite smelling of cabbages, my grandfather was a wise man. 'Peter', he told me...

The speech evolves into more "blah"s as Ruby chuckles at her creation and shows it to her teammates: a ball-with-limbs-and-a-head drawing of the teacher with stink lines coming from him and "Professor Poop" written underneath. Ruby blows a quick raspberry. Blake and Yang laugh, Ben lightly chuckles, but Weiss looks annoyed.

Port: Ah-heh-hem! In the end, the Beowolf was no match for my sheer tenacity, and I returned to my village with the beast in captivity and my head held high, celebrated as a hero!

The teacher takes a bow as Weiss slowly gets more and more frustrated with Ruby's antics.

Port: The moral of this story? A true Huntsman must be honorable!

Ruby is balancing an apple on a book with her pencil held only by her finger while making a silly face.

Port: A true Huntsman must be dependable!

Ruby has fallen asleep again in the first class of the year.

Port: A true Huntsman must be strategic, well-educated, and wise!

Ruby is not-so-subtly picking her nose, much to Weiss' building anger.

Port: So, who among you believes themselves to be the embodiment of these traits?

As Weiss is about act upon her anger, Ben stands up and raises his hand.

Ben: I do, Professor!

Port: You must be Mr. Tennyson, I've heard great things about you from Professor Ozpin. Well then let's  find out!

A pair of red glowing eyes appear through the bars off the large cage as the trapped beast growls.

Port: Step Forward and face your opponent!

The creature continues to growl as Ben prepares himself for battle.
-------------------------------------------------