9

I stood at my locker which was right between Tatum and Sidney. I had traded with someone at the beginning of freshman year so all three of us girls could be together. "This is a mistake. I shouldn't be here," Sidney said and I rolled my eyes. Stu was on the other side of Tatum. "I want you to meet me right after class, okay, Sid?" Tatum said. Stu was looking at me but I ignored him as he reached into Tatum's locker pulling out a mirror. Sidney turned to face us. "Yeah. All right," she said. "Hey, I haven't seen Billy around. Is he really pissed?" Sidney asked me. I didn't answer her and just shut my locker. "Oh, you mean after you branded him the candyman? And after him finding out his girlfriend thinks he's cheating on him with his ex-girlfriend? No, his hearts were broken. Ow!," Stu said as Tatum pinched him.

Sidney looked at me but I just glared at Stu. "Y/N, you know nothing is going on between us. I'm over him, have been for a while now," Sidney said. There was shrieking as someone in the Ghostface costume came running down the hall jumping at me and Sidney. Stu was laughing but Tatum pushed him. The bell was ringing for us to head to class."Why are they doing this?" Sidney asked. "Are you kidding me? Look at this place. It's like Christmas," Stu said. "You're an ass," I said. "What?" He asked. Sidney turned around and took off down the hall. "Stupidity leak," Tatum said. "Sidney!" She called after her. "Do you ever know how to shut up?" I asked my brother. "I'm sorry!" He said. I shook my head and walked the way Sidney went. "Y/N! Come on! I'm sorry!" I hear Stu yell.

I stopped when I saw Sidney with her hands on Billy's chest. "It's just me," he told her. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. You still think it's me?" He asked her. He didn't seem to even notice I was standing there. "No. No, I--I don't. It's just... somebody was there. Billy, Somebody tried to kill me and y/n," Sidney told him. "I know, I know. The cops said I scared him away. It wasn't me Sid," he told her. "I know. He called me again last night at Tatum's house," Sidney told him. "You see? It couldn't have been me. I was in jail. Remember?" he said showing her his ink-covered fingertips. "I'm so... sorry. Please understand," Sidney whispered and moved closer to him. I had enough so I walked out more so they would see me and cleared my throat.

"Y/N!" Sidney said. Billy looked at me then at Sidney. "Understand what? That I have an ex-girlfriend that accused me of being a psychopathic killer and a girlfriend who accused me of being a cheater than touch me or come anywhere near me right now?" He asked Sidney but looked at me. Sidney turned and looked at me over her shoulder and walked away leaving just me and Billy. "I would never cheat on you," he said to me walking closer. "Then why were you at Sidney's?" I asked. "Because I ran into Erin and asked her if you were still here with Tatum. She said she dropped you off at Sidney's. I wanted to see you. Make sure you were all right. That's when I heard the screaming and ran to the door but It was locked. I ran around to try and find another way in when I saw the window open so I climbed up," he told me.

I looked down at the floor chewing on my bottom lip. "Baby, hey. I would never do anything to hurt you. I told you, I love you and I mean it. I do. I love you so much," Billy said stepping closer. "Hey, come here," he said and pulled me closer to him. I wrapped my arms around his waist burying my face in his chest then the tears broke free. All the stress I had bottled up broke free. "Shhh. It's okay," Billy whispered.

After I calmed down I pulled away from him. "We better get to class before we get detention," I said letting a little laugh out while wiping the tears off my face. "Yeah, come on," he said and laced his fingers with mine. He walked me to my class and when my teacher saw me he just continued to teach. I guess the puffy eyes and tear-stained cheeks were enough of an excuse and maybe the fact that I was attacked by the same killer who killed my best friend twice. Billy kissed my forehead and then left. I took my seat beside Tatum and she leaned over. "Are you okay?" She whispered. "Yeah, I'm fine.

*"Will Tatum Riley and y/n Macher please report to my office,"* principal Himbry said over the loudspeaker. We looked at each other and packed our stuff up rushing to the principles office. Sidney was sitting there shaking. "Oh, my god, Sidney. What happened?" Tatum asked running up to her. "He was in the bathroom, he tried to attack me," she said. She stood up and we headed out of the office just as Himbry started announcing something over the loudspeaker.

*I need your attention now, kids. Due to the recent events that have occurred, effective immediately, all classes are suspended until further notice. The Woodsboro Police Department has issued a citywide curfew... beginning at 9:00 tonight.*

"It was just some sick fuck having a laugh, Sidney," Tatum told her as we walked out of the school. "No, it was him, Tatum. I know it," Sidney said. "Well, you're not to be alone anymore. If you pee, I pee. Is that clear?" Tatum said. "Kizzo-kaskizzo is is-out," Stu said coming up beside us. He handed all three of us a flower. "I don't know what you did, Sidney. But on behalf of the entire student body, we all say, Thank You!" He said. "Stu, drop it," I told him. He ran around and pick Tatum up throwing her over his shoulder. "An impromptu party tonight at our house. Celebrate this little siesta. What do you say?" He said. He looked at me smiling. "Fine. But you're cleaning up," I said pointing my finger at him.

"Y/N!" I looked over to see Erin waving at me. "I'll see you guys later," I said and ran over to Erin. "Hey, Erin," I said. "Hey, I just wanted to let you know that practice has been canceled along with the classes," she told me. "Oh okay. Hey, party at my house tonight. Be there?" I said. "Definitely!" She said and walked away. I saw Stu head over to his car and get in then drive off. I talked to a couple of my other friends to let them know about the party at my place before heading into town. I parked along when I saw Stu's car parked near the Blockbuster. Probably went in to bother Randy.