2

I started walking towards the kitchen again when the phone rang. "Shit," I whispered and answered the phone. "Yes?"

"I told you bot to hang up on me."

"What do you want?" I asked.

"To talk."

"Well, dial someone else, okay?" I told him and walked into the kitchen. Casey was standing there looking at me. "What do they want?" She asked. "I don't know. They say they want to talk but I don't know why," I told her. The phone rang again and Casey grabbed it out of my hands. "Listen, asshole!" She yelled. Her face fell and she looked at me. "Is this some kind of joke?" She asked. I heard the guy yelling but I didn't understand what he had said. Casey backed up and then ran down the hall locking the other door off to the left and then ran to the front door. I ran after her and we looked through the window of the front door.

"Listen, I am two seconds away from calling the police," she said. She was crying and looked out the window beside the door. "What do you want?" She asked. She turned the phone off and started crying more. "Casey? What did he say?" I asked her as she put the phone down. She didn't answer just started walking towards the living room. The doorbell rang and we both jumped but Casey screamed. "Who's there? Who's there?" She yelled. "I'm calling the police," I said as I went to pick the phone up it rang. I jumped and slowly answered it. "You should never say who's there. Don't you watch scary movies? It's a death wish. You might as well just come out here to investigate a strange noise or something," the man said.

"Look, you've had your fun now, so I think you better just leave or else," I said. "Or else what?" He asked. Casey grabbed the phone from me.

"Or else my boyfriend will be here any second, and he'll be pissed when he finds out," she said.

"I lied! I do have a boyfriend, and he'll be here any second, so your ass better be gone,"

"I swear. He's big, and he plays football and he'll kick the shit out of you!" She screamed. She was crying harder now and shoves the phone at me. I put it to my ear. You better just leave," I said. "His name wouldn't be Steve, would it?" He asked. I looked at Casey "how do you know his name?" I asked. "Turn on the patio lights," he told me. I walked around Casey and turned the lights on. I moved over and looked outside. Casey came up beside me. Steve was duct-taped to one of the patio chairs and had been beat up. "Oh, god!" Casey screamed and unlocked the door opening it. "I wouldn't do that if I were you!" The guy growled. I quickly slammed the door shut and locked it.

"Where are you?" I asked. Casey was crying as she looked at Steve. Steve was looking around with a terrified look on his face. "Guess," the guy said. "Please don't hurt him," Casey whimpered.

"That all depends on her," he said.

Why are you doing this?" I asked.

"I wanna play a game,"

"No," I said.

"Then he dies right now!" He yelled and Casey started to scream. "Okay! Okay! What kind of game," I said. "Turn off the light. You'll see what kind of game," he said. I looked at Steve as he was shaking his head. I walked over and turned the light off. Casey crouched down beside the T.V.

"Good girl. Here's how we play. I ask a question and she answers. If she gets it right, Steve lives," he said. "Please don't do this," I said looking at Casey. "Come on. It'll be fun. It's an easy category. Movie trivia. I'll even give her a warm-up," he said.

I don't know how I was so calm right now. I don't know if it was from adrenaline and wanting to keep my friend safe and try to save her boyfriend. And for some odd reason, I had a weird gut feeling we knew this person.

"What's the question," I asked.

"Name the killer in Halloween," he said.

I looked down at Casey. She was crying and shaking her head. "Name the killer in Halloween," I told her. She shook her head. "I don't know," she cried. I knelt in front of her. "Hey, yes you do. It's easy," I said. She looked at me and I nodded my head. "Michael. Michael," she said out loud. "Very good. Now for the real question. The same category," he said. "Name the killer in Friday the 13th," he said. I sighed and closed my eyes. This was a trick question and I hoped to god Casey would give the right answer.

"Name the killer in Friday the 13th," I told her.

"No, helping her," the guy said. She jumped up "Jason. Jason! It was Jason!" She yelled.

"Wrong!"

"Casey, it wasn't Jason," I told her. She looked at me. "Yes, it was! I saw the movie 20 times!" She yelled at me. "No, it wasn't! It was his mother! Jason didn't show up until the sequel! It's a trick question. I'm sorry," I said.

"Lucky for her there's a bonus round," he said. But poor Steve. I'm afraid he's out!"

"What?!" I said and turned on the lights. I gasped and Casey screamed. Steve was dead his insides on the outside. Casey fell to the floor and crawled back over to sit by the T.V.

I kept looking at Steve as my arms dangled beside me. We were living a real-life horror movie right now. Steve was just gutted and we were next. "Hey, we're not finished," I heard from the phone. I brought the phone to my ear. "I should have stay home," I said more to myself than anyone else. "What is the bonus round?" I asked. "What door am I at?" He asked.

"What?" I said still looking outside. "There are two main doors to the house. The front door and the patio doors. If you answer correctly, you both live," he said. I looked down at Casey. "What door is he at?" I asked. She grabbed a letter opener off the top of the T.V. she looked back at me. "I won't do this," she cried. "She said she can't do this and she won't," I said with a shaky breath. "Her call," he said. Next thing I knew a chair from the patio came flying through the doors. Casey screamed and ran off.

I was knocked back and hit my head off the corner of the coffee table. "Fuck," I said. The phone must have flown out of my hands. My vision was going in and out but I saw a figure in a black costume creep inside and run past me.